Chapter 19: The Visit

Ashton placed his hand on the door knob and twisted it, opening the door. He then pushed my wheelchair inside the room and placed it next to the bed.

Cassius was laying on the hospital bed. An oxygen tank was beside him and a nasal cannula was in his nose, supplying oxygen. He seemed to be asleep or maybe unconscious as his eyes were closed and he did not notice Ashton enter the room.

"Cassius?" I asked him, wondering if he would respond in case he is just asleep.

"Oi Cassius." Ashton called out loudly. Cassius's eyes suddenly went wide open despite the latter being asleep. It was similar to those horror movies where a corpse suddenly has their eyes wide open implying they were still alive.

"What? I want to rest..." Cassius weakly said to Ashton standing in front of him, not noticing me beside him.

"Look beside you. Someone's here to visit you." Ashton glanced at me before looking back at Cassius with boredom and annoyance.

There was a few seconds of silence before Cassius' surprised reaction appeared. Although since he did not have enough energy left, it was not much of a surprised one.

Cassius' eyes simply widened before breathing in slowly.

"You.. why are you in a wheelchair?" He tried to raise his voice but it simply came off as a normal toned voice.

"It's a long story really. I'll tell you some other time." I sighed as Cassius kept his tired yet calm composure. 

"..W-Well. What are you here for?" he asked me with a frown. His expression gave him off. 

It appears to be that Cassius wishes for Ashton to leave. Or it could be that Cassius wants me to mind my own business and stop talking to him. 

"I'm visiting you to see how you're doing duh." I flicked Cassius' forehead playfully, causing him to be annoyed yet amused at the same time. 

A cough was heard from the other side of the room and we both turned to see Ashton glaring at the both of us. 

"Is there anything else you want to say? Go on say it." Ashton glared at Cassius before returning his gaze back at me and smiling.

"Get out first. I need to talk with her privately." Cassius' weak yet agitated voice made Ashton smirk smugly which appeared to be mocking Cassius. 

"You're the second one to tell me to get out the room today. How annoying." Ashton rolled his eyes before glaring at Cassius one more time as he shut the door loudly and left. 

"First the doctor and then this brat.." Ashton muttered under his breath. 

Finally me and Cassius were alone together. I need answers. 

"Ab-" Cassius immediately cut me off from speaking. 

Why do people enjoy cutting me off... 

"About what happened? Yeah I wish I could elaborate further but I only have a few things to say unfortunately."  Cassius had a serious expression before giving off a disappointed smile while his eyes trailed off into the distance. 

"I made a deal with your boyfriend so I can't say much." Cassius sighed as his eyes stared at the door's small window. 

Outside the small window, Ashton was peeking and watching the two of us converse. Any nurse or medical staff passing by will find him creepy and call security at this rate. 

What is he doing? Does he really not trust me and Cassius that much? 

"What deal? What is it exactly? Never mind Ashton peeking, it's not like he can hear us right?" I asked him a series of questions which he merely showed interest in answering.