Chapter 1: Attempt

It was 10PM when I went out to sneak into the library. Of course, my parents thought I was asleep. So I made sure not to make any sound while I left the house.

I went to the front door and closed it gently, locking it with the keys so that once I'm done sneaking I can go back home.

At this hour a lot of people were still out and about. So I blended into the crowd.

As I neared the library, I caught sight of Ash locking the door.

The keys were just on his waist. Before he walked over somewhere else. Probably going home.

I was about to approach the door step when I felt someone poke me.

"(Name). What are you doing here?"
Ashton asked. Looking worried.

He stood there behind me while holding a paper bag with food.

"Sorry. I left home after a bad day.. and found myself going here."
I lied. Ashton doesn't seem to notice though.

"I was just getting dinner. If you'd like.. want to come in with me?"
He asked.

I felt thousands of butterflies in my stomach with so much joy. I was basically fangirling inside like my life depended on it.

Of course. Why would I say no?

I agreed and Ashton opened the library's door with his keys.

The lights were still on. Seems like my plan to find out more about Ashton failed.

But this is much more better. Honestly!

Ashton sat on a chair near a table and started to take out the food he bought.

"Sit next to me. Don't be shy." He told me. I felt heat rush to my cheeks. I sat next to Ashton while he opened the container of his food.

"Are you also hungry? I'll give-" before Ashton could finish his sentence, I cut him off.

"I'm not really hungry." I told him.

He had a simple meal of cup noodles. Poor guy.

"Ah. Okay.. who would want to eat just cup noodles in the first place?" Ashton said, smirking a bit.

"You would." I told him. We both laughed before he suddenly frowned.

"Don't you atleast cook food?" I asked him as he poured hot water in the cup.

"My salary is not enough." He told me.

Librarians don't earn enough?

"Really? I should bring you home cooked food sometime." I suggested while he smiled.

"That would be nice. I'm looking forward to it."

He continued to eat while we talked about some stuff.

"It's getting late. You should go home."
Ashton suggested while I looked at my watch.

It was 11:30PM. Ashton was probably worried.

"30 minutes before midnight. I think I should walk you home. There are a lot of dangerous people."

So it was decided. Ashton walked me home.

I waved goodbye and so did he.

At least I had a date! Or was it?

Was all I thought before heading to bed.