1. takahashi is an oversized puppy

you nervously rang his doorbell

     you nervously rang his doorbell. it has been a whole week since takahashi and you made it official and today was scheduled for the first date. the original plan was to go to the amusement park for some sun but the idea was quickly dropped when he came home with a sore body from volleyball training. you suggested a movie date to be the most feasible idea but to be very frank, you just wanted a chance to snuggle next to your boyfriend without interruption from the outside world. nonetheless, takahashi thought it was a great idea. coincidentally, his parents were on a business trip to america and he lived apart from his siblings.

the door opened, revealing a messy haired takahashi in sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. the moment he saw you he pulled you in for a hug and he stole a peck on your forehead before pulling away.

" y/n why are you dressed like that?! " he exclaimed as he scanned you from head to toe.

" what's wrong with a sports bra and sweatpants? "

takahashi turned away to cover the blush threatening to creep on his face. he quickly turned back to you and dragged you into his house before dashing to his room.

" sorry for intruding. "

you stood there unsure what to do until he came back out with a grey hoodie.

" here put this on, " he requested as he threw the soft material in your face.

" huh, why? "

" oh, so you think my clothes are disgusting, " takahashi jokingly challenged, " if you don't want to wear it you should've just said so. "

" i never said that mushroom head, " you rolled your eyes as you threw on his hoodie and took off your shoes, " can't i be curious as of why after seven years, you suddenly demand for me to wear your clothes? " each word you said in a playful mocking tone.

" do i need a reason to? " he argued back as he sat in the couch, opening his arms for you to join him, which you gladly did.

" yes, " you replied. even though at the back of your head, you knew he didn't need one.

takahashi sighed. " just wanted to see my girlfriend in my clothes, " takahashi admitted quietly while he played with your hair. " when we were just friends, i thought i'd be weird if i asked you to wear my clothes. "

you chuckled and snuggled against his chest, loving this side of takahashi you have never seen before.

he switched on the television and the both of you watched the movie he put on in comfortable silence until...

" so if i wanna see you in mine... should i make you wear my sports bra? or maybe a skirt? what about a bikini? "

" piece of shit... "

" i heard that asshole. "

" it was meant for you to hear dumbass ''

time skip

thunder began rolling mid movie and before you knew it, the heavens have opened up. it was raining cats and dogs and the sky was blanketed with ominous dark clouds. you glanced at a nearby clock.

5pm.

shit.

if the rain doesn't stop there was absolutely no way you could go home dry.

" sleepover, " takahashi suddenly said, as if he was reading my thoughts, " o- of course only if you're okay with it. "

" you don't mind? " you sat up.

" we used to do this all the time as kids, of course i don't mind silly. just don't forget to text your mom okay, " he smiled as he stroke your head, looking at you fondly as if you were the universe.

you leaned in to his touch. in that moment it felt as if reality was altered. like time was slowing down. suddenly your universe only consisted of him as his if of you. the pitted patter of rain in the background could be heard ever since softly. his shiny black orbs were fixated on yours, until it slowly made its way to your lips. subconsciously, he brought his head closer to yours. your heart was racing at the speed of a million miles per hour. your faces were so close you could feel his hot breath against your lips and...

* CLAP *

the crazy loud clapping of thunder caused the both of you to jump in shock. not even a second later, a bolt of lightning could be seen lighting up the sky. you put a hand in on heart as you tried to calm it down. that thunder really scared the shit out of the both of you (especially you). you let out a relieved sigh.

" damn the gods are angry, " you exclaimed, still trying to slow down your heartbeat.

you turned to look at takahashi. the poor boy was in such a severe state of shock that if you looked a little harder you swear you can see his soul flying out his body. he had his knees tucked to his chest at the far end of the couch.

" sometimes i forget that you don't like loud sounds, " you cooed as you scooted next to your boy.

it was your turn to open your arms for him to snuggle up to you, which like an obedient puppy, he did.

" it's okay pup... it's just a little thunder. im here to protect you. " you kissed the top of his head before gently playing with his hair. you were reminded of the trauma he had as a child which led to his fear of loud sounds. it made your heart break a little thinking about it.

no other words were needed to be exchanged between the two of you. the two of you were like two neighbouring pieces in the puzzle, perfectly fitting beside each other. before you knew it, takahashi was in dreamland, the movie long forgotten.

you stay there looking at the boy you cradled in your arms, recalling what nearly happened if not for the thunder. you screamed internally as a heavy blush crept up your face

how you wished that the thunder had not interrupted.