6. haru who plays chess

it was a new day

    it was a new day. both you and takahashi had club activities so he scheduled to meet you at 7 to go home together.

you checked the time on your phone.

7:30 pm

damn... he sure does like making you wait. all your club members have already left. you leaned against the lamp post and sighed, wondering how long it would take for him to come out. just then you felt a vibration from your phone.

boyfriend♡︎:
sorry y/n, someone got injured during practice
i have to take them to the nurse's office
i think you should go home without me, stay safe
i promise i'll make it up to you
text me when u get home
love you ♡︎

me:
oh... it can't be helped i guess...
don't stay out too late
love u 2

boyfriend♡︎:
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎
seen

you sighed, obviously disappointed. this is the second time he stood you up after initiating. you dragged yourself on the usual path home, thinking about who could've gotten so seriously injured he had to stay back to take care of the person.

you passed a convenient store on your way home, just like you did any other day. except today, things were different.

" y/n! y/n! "

your thoughts were cut off as you turned to face the person who called out to you.

" oh! haru! " you smiled and waved upon seeing the boy who called out to you.

" what a coincidence! " haru waved back as he walked towards you with an ice cream in his hand, " it's been so long! "

haru was a boy your age. he was wearing a dark grey oversized sweat shirt and black jeans. his casual wear showed off his chain necklace which a ring dangled from. he was wearing a black cap too. his presence was so intimidating that if you didn't recognise him, you would've completely ignored him.

" it has been what, a year? since i last saw you. you've really grown haru! " you high fived the hand he used to wave at you, " still eating ice cream in the cold i see. "

" nothing beats ice cream in the cold weather, want one? " he offered.

" no it's fine. i can't eat cold stuff right now, " you nicely rejected.

his mouth formed an ' O ' shape. " i see... want to go to the swing? i would love to know how you've been doing. "

you checked the time.