18. good morning

the morning sun peaked from behind the blinds as 5am approached, the majestic japan living up to her name as the land of the rising sun

" wakey wakey, " you gently shook takahashi.

he groaned.

" hurry hurry, we have things to do and places to be, " you said.

" where's my morning kiss, " takahashi asked.

" no go brush your teeth, " you said as you lightly smacked his stomach, " then we can negotiate. "

he let out an even louder groan, " ughhhh okay, if you say so... "

he kicked off the blanket as he dragged his tired body to the toilet.

being an early riser who doesn't need much sleep to function, you had already brushed up and packed your things for the trip. what was left was just to dress up and purchase the tickets for hospitality and the attractions you planned to visit.

takahashi came back from the toilet in no time, looking more refreshed. he slung his arms around your neck as you were busy applying moisturiser on your face.

" kiss, " he pouted.

you turned around and dabbed the tip of his nose with moisturiser.

" no we're going to be late, go back your bag, quickly, " you rushed him.

" just one, " he reasoned.

" no, i'm going to get changed then i'll help you with your bag, " you told him as you gently pushed him away.

takahashi rolled his eyes as he rummaged through his closet to look for clothes to bring.

" takahashi, can you lend me a cap? " you asked him as you drew your brows.

" kiss first. "

" forget it- "

" no no take my whole closet i'm just kidding- "

takahashi eventually ended up lending you his favourite hoodie and cap, which you put on. his hoodie was so huge that it reached your mid thighs.

you checked the time.

5:35am

takahashi left a note for his parents, writing to tell them to call him after they woke up and that you and takahashi were going on a weekend getaway on short notice. he hoped that his parents trusted that you both were old enough to keep safe.

the both of you were soon out the house and headed towards the train station.

the two of you got a few sandwiches, milk and onigiri rice balls for your 3 hour journey on the bullet train. thankfully the bullet train was not too packed and you were able to find comfortable seats with not too many people around.

you sipped on your strawberry milk as you frantically scrolled through your phone, trying to book a place to stay at as well as purchase tickets for kaiyukan as well as universal studios japan.

takahashi didn't seem to give you peace at all. the whole time he just kept poking your side while still pestering you to kiss him. you were slowly getting annoyed at him.

you were feeling abit anxious as this could potentially be a wasted trip if you were unable to find a place to stay at. not feeling like entertaining him, you put on your hood as you pulled onto the strings, so as to block away takahashi.

takahashi seemed to get the message as he almost immediately turned away and stared out the window, retracting both his hands which were originally clinging onto yours.

within that moment of peace he (finally) gave you, you were able to finalise the bookings for everything. you let out a sigh of relief and exhaustion. you then put down your hoodie and looked over to takahashi. it was his turn to put on his hoodie. moreover, both his ears were stuffed with his earpiece. he seemed to look be looking at everything else except you.

he was complaining about being hungry just a while earlier that morning but after seeing the food still left sitting on his lap, untouched, you knew that something was up.

you carefully pulled one earpiece out his ear as you softly called his name.

takahashi pouted and rolled his eyes as he snatched the ear piece back and stuffed it back into his ear.

you laughed.

cute.

you took out your cap as you turned his face to face yours. using the cap to hide both your faces from the public, you gently pecked him on his lips.

" don't be angry, " you teased.

" hmph. "

this time, it was takahashi who had his face beet red.

" one... one more, " he requested.

" what was that? " you asked him, pretending not to hear.

" one more- "

you leaned forward to meet his lips once again.

" still angry? " you probed.

" i'm not such a simple man, " takahashi replied as he took the cap from you and covered your face with it.

" right, " you laughed as you took the cap from him, putting it back on your head.

for anyone that doesn't know how shinkansen looks like inside:

シ for anyone that doesn't know how shinkansen looks like inside:

the interior looks something like this ^

shinkansen is aka japan's famous bullet trains. i've been on it once or twice, going from osaka to tokyo and honestly it didn't even feel as if the train was moving because it just moved that fast... at 320km/h...

the fastest type of shinkansen to get from tokyo to osaka is called the nozomi type. it roughly takes around 2.5-3 hours to travel between the two urban cities.

shinkansen is operated by the JR (Japan Railways) group which is largely responsible for most of japan's train services.

it runs from 6am to about midnight.

as we follow takahashi and y/n on their little getaway, i'm going to attach images and fun facts about the places they visit at this section so it feels more... real? idk i just want to show you guys how fun and interesting japan can be :)