30. 3 musketeers

" i apologise for what happened last week, " you said as you bowed slightly to him, " i shouldn't have shouted at you like that

    " i apologise for what happened last week, " you said as you bowed slightly to him, " i shouldn't have shouted at you like that. it was wrong of me. you only tried to cheer me up and i couldn't see it earlier. "

" no... it was my fault to begin with anyway. i overstepped my boundaries, " haru sheepishly apologised as he bowed to you as well.

there was a pause.

" so... how has takahashi been treating you? " he spoke up, genuinely concerned.

" he's been treating me very well, " you replied as you thought about the weekend you just spent with him. the two of you were basically inseparable now.

" hmm... that's good to know, " he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

" haru... "

" no wait i want to stop you right there, " he cut you off, " i'm going to be honest. i like you as a person but before that, i like you as a friend. your happiness is my happiness. i... will try my best to move on... and anyway, i refuse to be rejected by you as well. "

haru cracked a smile as he joked.

there was a bittersweet feeling in your heart.

all you could do was give him a soft but sad smile. haru chose to put you before himself and that was something that really touched your heart.

you mumbled an inaudible " thank you " and " i'm sorry " before you felt a familiar voice shouting from behind you two.

" OKAY FIVE MINUTES IS UP! GAME OVER! TIME TO GO HOME! " takahashi loudly declared as he made his grand entrance to the scene.

you looked at you boyfriend who completely changed the atmosphere just from his booming presence.

" man, takahashi... it's been so long since i last saw you both, why do you have to burst the bubble like that, " haru deadpanned.

" what do you mean you saw us last week, " takahashi replied.

" you saw him last week? " you asked haru as you pointed to takahashi.

" yeah we talked about- "

" ah ah hahahahaha the sky is so bright today wow! the birds are singing a beautiful song! " takahashi suddenly cut haru off as he covered his mouth with his huge palms.

haru made a face of disgust as he basically yanked takahashi's hands away.

" if i grow a pimple here, it's on you, " haru sassed as he wiped his mouth, " only god knows where those unwashed hands had been. "

" ah i know! " you suddenly had a light bulb moment, " we should hang out this weekend, just like old times! "

" hang out with him?! " takahashi blabbed in disbelief as he pointed at haru, " what ' old times ' ?! "

" i think ' old times ' refers to me and y/n, since you weren't with us half the time anyway. nonetheless, i think it's a good idea, " haru rebutted, mainly just to spite takahashi, " hmm is there any where the lady would like to go? "

" ummm... not that i have anywhere in mind but somewhere fun would be nice, " you replied.

" somewhere fun? hmm how about Takeshita Street, " haru suggested.

" oh! " you exclaimed, " good idea! "

" yo, does my opinion even matter right now? " takahashi deadpanned.

" nope! " you and haru replied simultaneously before smiling to each other.

haru then checks his watch and then panics when he sees the time. his eyes grew comically huge as he muttered a ' shit! ' .

" ah sorry i am kinda in a hurry right now... i mean i wasn't but now i am. i have a tournament in 15 minutes, gotta zoom... uhh... text me often! not too much for you though, takahashi, " was literally all he speed talked out before zooming off, leaving you and takahashi just confused as of what just happened.

" i don't even have his number anyway, " takahashi rebutted as you both stared at his figure getting further and further away from you both.

" hm... do you want it? " you asked him.

" want what? "

" haru's number, " you replied.

" huh?! what for, it's not like it's going to be of any use to me, " takahashi declined, " speaking of haru, you call him by his first name, how come you don't call me ran? "

" ... because everyone calls him haru... since he grew up overseas he said it was more convenient for him. even you call him haru, " you replied.

" still... you should call me ran. come try it, " he cheekily smiled as he started walking back to the direction of home.

" are we that close, " you sarcastically teased, which just made him give you a deadpan look.

he gently knocked you on your head as he prompted you to call him by his first name.

" uh... r- ran. "

" ah like music to my ears, " he teased as he slung his hand over his girlfriend and walked her home.

" takahashi, how do you do this question? " you asked.

you both were sitting in his living room across each other at the far ends of the dining table with your notes all spread out. it was a study session to get the both of you back on track after playing the whole holiday.

no response from takahashi.

" takahashi? " you tried again.

maybe he didn't hear me.

" takahashi! "

well if he didn't hear you earlier he definitely did now, but somehow, the stubborn boy was not responding.

" r... ran! "

" yes my dear? " takahashi finally replied as he stuck his chin out and batted his eyelashes.

" seriously? "

wow sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out but i am halfway through my preliminary exams, 1 more week and i am done! but then i'll have to move on to nationals zzz

also i have finished the outline of this story and we are about at the halfway mark. don't worry i still have more characters i want to develop and maybe there will be a few new faces as well.

anyway, i hope you guys have a good week. i am not sure as of when the next update would be but hopefully, it wouldn't take me this long zzz

also thank you so much for 5k reads, thats INSANE. you guys make me so happy <3

okay, i'll shut up now, see you guys soon! don't forget to rest and hydrate yourself :)