25. is he the loser or the winner?

" butterbeer is amazing, " you let out a satisfied sigh

" right, " takahashi chirped as he took a sip of the butterbeer you both shared.

" should we go somewhere else? " you asked.

" lets. "

takahashi held your hand as you made your way in the park, ever so often swinging it with every stride.

you came across some carnival games being held and a long line of teenagers queuing to try them out, hoping to win something. there were also many people with humongous plushies.

the game was simple: knock down all the weighted pins. get the prize. you get five balls.

doesn't sound too hard.

" want me to win one for you? " takahashi asked you, as if he was reading your mind.

" i want to win one for myself, " you confidently declared.

" but wouldn't it make more sense for me to play instead? " takahashi rebutted.

" are you doubting my abilities? " you side eyed him.

" no no of course not, but i literally throw balls for sport... well not really throw... it's more of spiking but it's about the same no? " takahashi reasoned, " isn't it just aiming and shooting? "

" since you're so confident, let's compete, whoever gets the prize wins, " you challenged as you raised an eyebrow.

" oh it's on. i love a good competition, " takahashi smirked.

you and takahashi were now standing beside each other in the same booth, since each booth had two stations.

" do you two know each other? " the female host asked cheerfully, sensing the familiarity and competitiveness between the two of you.

" she's my girlfriend, " takahashi replied and smiled, not looking at your flustered reaction.

" everyone! we have a couple competition! " the lady host announced to the crowd of people who were watching to pass time. that was enough to fully capture the attention of these people, drawing them closer to you both.

" the rules are simple. you get five balls, knock down all the pins without crossing the shooting line and you get a big prize! " the lady host announced to you both as she put the five balls in front of you and takahashi, " you can begin! "

you picked up the ball and looked at takahashi who had a very focused gaze in his eyes. in that moment, you realised how cool your boyfriend was.

" take a picture, it'll last longer, " takahashi teased without even looking at you.

" shut up before i throw this at you, " you threatened as you held up the ball, which was heavier than you thought.

takahashi chuckled before taking his shot.