62. i love you

" oh look! they're done, " aki noticed as the two of them walked out the venue door

takahashi had a deadpanned expression while sakamoto was desperately clinging onto him. you wanted to laugh at the sight in front of you but you were also curious to know what happened.

sakamoto detached himself from takahashi upon seeing the three of you. he walked ahead, slinging his arm around haru and aki's shoulder, leaving you with takahashi.

" how was it? " you asked your boyfriend as you locked arms with him.

takahashi nestled closer to you. " it went okay. i finally got some closure. "

" hmmm that's good. should we go home? want to shower? we can get some food at the supermarket, then we can have sukiyaki? " you earnestly asked him.

takahashi lovingly rubbed your head. " sure that sounds nice, love. "

the remaining three decided to head out for dinner. but since takahashi and you had other plans, you both bid your farewell to them and went your separate ways.

takahashi changed out into his warmer uniform and the two of you were off to the super market.

combing for ingredients from aisle to aisle, you made sure to get lots of meat and vegetables for takahashi. he must've been starving after playing for so many hours and he deserved a treat from pushing through all the way to nationals.

you spent over fifty dollars in that one transaction.

" wait for the water to boil... add the seasoning... cook the veges then the meat! yummy yummy meat! " takahashi recited as he excitedly anticipated dinner. " thank goodness we were fast. look at the sky. it's going to rain soon. "

the two of you were seated in the living room of his house. you were both on opposite ends of the coffee table with a cast iron pot between you two.

the dimly lit, cozy ambience and the light pitter patter of rain brought back so many nostalgic memories to when you and takahashi first started dating. you chuckled to yourself at that memory. it felt like such a long time ago.

" sukiyaki on a cold rainy day? that's the best! or are you going to get scared from the thunder again? " you teased as you added the flavouring into the boiling water.

" hey, that was one time, " takahashi defended as he mixed the soup and threw in the mushrooms. he put the chopsticks in his mouth to lick off the soup. " mmm! the soup is good. "

" you're still an oversized puppy, " you laughed as you patted his fluffy hair.

takahashi gently grabbed your wrist, placing a kiss on the under side of it. " i'm your oversized puppy. "

his words made your heart skip. being with him always felt like a breath of fresh air. it was funny how you both spent so much time together and he still made your heart palpitate.

you shyly smiled to yourself. lady luck was on your side when she chose for you and takahashi to grow up together.

" why's your face so red, " takahashi laughed. " are you getting shy? "

you snapped back to reality.

" n- no, the smoke is blowing in my face. it's hot, idiot, " you hastily replied, trying to desperately cover up your slight panic. you were just caught red handed. " a- anyway, we should eat. the food is getting cold. "

takahashi laughed even harder. " how is the food getting cold? it's literally over a fire! are you okay? do you need to see a doctor? "

" just shut up and eat, ran, " you huffed in defeat.

" HAHA whatever you say, boss. "

the fifty something dollars you spent at the super market was stomached within minutes. you thought that it was a little bit of an overkill to buy that much food for one dinner for two but takahashi thought otherwise.

" i'm so full! " takahashi huffed as he lay back on the couch and patted his food baby.

the two of you had just finished washing up all the dishes, which didn't feel like it took too long since you were around takahashi. time flies when you're around the people you love.

" i have no idea how we just finished that, " you agreed as you joined him by his side.

you cuddled up to him, nestling your head in the crook of his neck as rested his arms around your shoulders. you drowned in his scent. he smelt like a mix of fresh aftershave and vanilla. it was a good thing that you forced him to have a shower before dinner.

he turned on the television and started channel surfing.

" whatchu wanna watch? " he asked.

" hmm... how about a horror movie? "

" a horror movie does sound nic- "

* CLAP *

" AHH! " takahashi exclaimed as he swung his other arm around you. the sheer force of that action was enough to send the remote control in his hand flying across the room.

you laughed at your boyfriend. this was strangely nostalgic.

you brought your hand up to his head and soothingly rubbed his ears, tracing the outlines of his soft bone before gently lacing your fingers in his hair. " now this is the second time, " you teasing commented. he knew exactly what you were talking about.

takahashi pouted. he rested his face on your chest as he looked up at you. " it's not funny. "

" it kinda is. " you shrugged.

" you're so mean. "

" thanks, i know. "

takahashi clicked his tongue before returning his attention back to the television. he had long given up choosing a show to watch and just stuck with whatever the thunder made him land on.

you smiled to yourself as you gently pressed a kiss to the top of his head.

dating your best friend was the best decision you have ever made. every day was a new adventure and every moment with him was treasure. you were so glad that he never stopped chasing you even after all this time, as if familiarity only made him keep you like an oath.

" hey, ran, " you called him.

" hm? " he mindlessly responded.

" i love you. "

a moment of static silence followed until you felt takahashi shifting in his seat. he propped himself so that he was sitting up.

he brought his face closer to yours while cupping your jawline and you closed your eyes. he gently pressed a deep, warm kiss to your lips before going back for a shorter one. you felt the warm sensation lingering on your face as you fluttered your eyes open.

you were greeted with a side of takahashi only you saw. his face was still so close, you could feel his breath on your skin. his half lidded eyes stared deeply into yours.

in that moment, nothing else mattered. it was just takahashi and you in each other's bubble. you had the whole world in your hands.

" i love you more, " he softly breathed out as he pressed another kiss to your forehead.

the end.