32. " young love "

" ran? "

    " ran? "

you gently shook him.

you have finally finished your work. you tried your best to help him with his as well since he knocked out so quick. after packing your bag, you decided to call him up to go to sleep on a proper bed.

" ran. wake up, come on. let's go to bed. "

takahashi just groaned in reply.

" come on, your parents are already asleep. it's 12 am, come on, let's go, " you spoke softly as you gently lifted him from behind.

" okay... " he replied, clearly in a daze as he slowly got up.

he held onto your hand as he dragged you (and himself) up the stairs and to his room. you could see his half open eyes, trying their best to navigate through the rather dim house.

his breathing was heavier and his body was tired but he finally made it. he threw himself on bed and shifted to the corner, calling you over to sleep with him.

" i'm going to brush my teeth, " you softly stated.

" okay... " was all he said before he closed his eyes.

when you came back from the washroom, you could see takahashi laying peacefully on the bed. his chest rose and fell while his eyes were sewed shut. he had an arm stretched out, as if inviting you to snuggle next to him while he slept.

you silently crawled to the bed and set the alarm before slipping yourself under the sheets, next to takahashi.

you looked at takahashi's face again. he was facing towards you and his hair covered a bit of his face. you swept a few black strands away from his face as you admired his features again. your eyes trailed from his eyes, to his nose, then to his lips.

you were ever so tempted to just kiss him right there and then but you decided against it. instead, you kissed him gently on his cheek, causing him to shift abit from the sudden contact. he moaned softly. then, his other arm wrapped around your body as he snuggled next to you, as if you were a bolster.

you leaned into his touch and closed your eyes, slowly drifting off into la la land.

mornings with takahashi were usually peaceful. the air was still and movement was minimal. it was tranquil and comfortable.

the morning sun peaked through his curtains as the birds began to chirp. your alarm clock rang.

' 5:00am ' it read.

you switched it off as you sat yourself up, still in a daze. you looked over at takahashi sleeping peacefully, contemplating if you should wake him up. since he didn't have to go over to your place, and because he was probably still exhausted from yesterday's training, you decided to ask for his opinion.

" hey ran, " you whispered as you gently shook him, " i'm gonna go home to get my stuff for school. wanna come with? or do you feel like sleeping in? "

takahashi groaned in reply. he rolled to his side as his eyes slowly fluttered open. he rubbed his eyes.

" what time is it now? " he asked softly.

" 5 am. "

" oh gosh, " he groaned.

he then slowly sat up and tilted his head from left to right, stretching his neck muscles out.

" okay let's go, " he replied, " good morning, by the way. "

" good morning, kid. "

the two of you were freshened up in a jiffy. takahashi was already in his school uniform while you were still in home clothes, since you didn't have a uniform to wear.

you left a note for his parents when the both of you left the house, telling them that they didn't have to prepare breakfast for you both.

" out of curiosity, have you seen hana these few days? or is it just me because i don't see her as often now, " you asked takahashi as you headed towards home.

" she didn't come for practice too, " takahashi replied, shivering a bit due to the cold and dry morning breeze.

" strange, " you said as you unlocked your house door.

" i rarely see my daughter in her own house these days, i wonder who's fault that is, " mom (practically) announced.

" mom stop making ran feel uncomfortable, " you replied.

" even on a first name basis now! " she laughed, " that's cute. "

" MOM! "

" y/n was helping me with homework yesterday and i fell asleep halfway, " takahashi nervously reasoned.

" you don't have to explain to me, i was just kidding, " your mom laughed, " if my daughter trusts you then so do i. i just like teasing the both of you, ahhhh... young love. "

" mom- "

" okay! breakfast time! " your mom interrupted.

takahashi made his way to the farthest seat from your mom.

" i don't bite you know, " mom laughed, " you don't have to sit so far from me. i literally changed your diapers before you could even talk. "

" right... " takahashi muttered.

takahashi slid into the seat beside your mom while you were opposite the both of them. there was a large spread of food laid out in front of you. each person had a bowl of rice, natto, miso soup and a plate of grilled salmon.

" いただきます! "

and the three of you began eating.

" so, ran, i heard from y/n that you will be having competitions soon, " mom kicked start the conversation.

" yeah in a few months, " takahashi replied as he placed a piece of fish in his mouth.

" wow... how has it been for you, " mom asked.

" training is going well. i just get really tired afterwards, but y/n has been helping me with things, " takahashi explained.

" i didn't do shit, " you responded as you drank a scoop of miso soup.

" no, she takes care of me. she tapes and fingers and helps me with school work... and such, " he defended.

" that's great. it's good seeing the both of you helping each other out, " mom said.

" yeah... uhh... teamwork makes the dream work? " takahashi nervously laughed, " to be honest it's just been her helping me so, i want to do something for her too. "

" you have helped me lots, you just don't see it, " you replied.

" ah again, young love, the both of you are so sweet, " mom cooed, " oh y/n, aren't you starting your new job today? "

" yep, i will be coming home late, " you replied.

" you barely come home these days anyway, " mom laughed, " would ran be coming as well? "

" i have volleyball after school but i can come over for dinner. "

" that would be lovely, see you both later. "

* whispers * SHINee's back lol jk author's back
i managed to write a bit today :" more inch resting things will be coming up soon. the plot is thickening once again ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ