55. kiss kiss fall in love

with a teacup in one hand and a folded piece of paper in another, sakamoto nervously made his way towards haru's table

there were lesser customers at the moment, allowing sakamoto to spare a little more time to carry out his plans.

sakamoto felt as if his heart was jumping out of his body. he felt light headed at the fact that he was attempting to speak to a complete random, and not because he had to but because he wanted to! he mentally cursed himself for putting himself in such a situation.

he was shaking so much that the black coffee was spilling slightly around the edges. the paper in sakamoto's hand was almost damp from the nervous sweating of his palm.

" uhh... you gonna put that down or what? " haru laughed at sakamoto, who was clearly living in his own head.

" oh... yeah, " sakamoto awkwardly replied as he set the cup down.

haru quickly got back to looking at his phone, without paying sakamoto much attention.

look here you attractive bimbo!

" uh... can i help you? " haru suddenly asked.

crap. how long has sakamoto been awkwardly standing there?

with a sudden boost of (fake) confidence, sakamoto slid the paper onto the table before awkwardly taking his leave. haru raised an eyebrow in amusement as he undid the (very) crumpled paper.

" i noticed you and i want to give you a notice to notice me too

090-XXXX-XXXX

text this number if you notice, trash if you don't :) "

a playful smile crept up haru's face. on paper, that was the smoothest thing that anyone has ever done for him.

meanwhile, sakamoto and you were crouched down from behind the counter, basically watching his every move.

" oh! he's keeping the paper! what does it mean! " sakamoto anxiously asked.

" it means he's keeping the paper. what do you mean?! " you hushed.

" but like... what does it mean! "

" well he isn't throwing it away isn't he? " you sassed.

it was as if something broke lose in sakamoto because he basically pounced onto you like a huge lap dog, causing you to tip over like a teapot. " oh my gosh i get a chance?! " he softly squealed.

" i wish i could give you an honest answer but... i mean... at least your chances aren't a complete zero? " you deciphered.

" okay that's a start! "

that put sakamoto in a good position for the rest of the work day. as a result, the customer quota was hit before closing time and the manager decided to close early today.

you dragged yourself home but was surprised when the main door suddenly swung open, revealing your boyfriend who looked at you in surprise. it wasn't a familiar sight to see takahashi dressed down in a hoodie and sweatpants at home at this point of the day.

why are you home so early? was the first question that popped into your mind but you quickly answered yourself when you remembered that he was technically on medical leave. right...

" hey kid, " you greeted as your ruffled his head while walking past him.

" you're back early! " a cheeky takahashi exclaimed as he slung his long arms around your shoulders while he followed you around.

" mhmm, want to go grab dinner? we can visit obachan. it has been long since we last saw her, " you suggested.

" oooo let's do that before she starts nagging at us for not visiting her, " takahashi agreed.

" okay, let me take a shower before we leave, " you replied before getting ready.

by the time you were done, the sun had began to set and the temperature was starting to rapidly drop. thankfully, you and takahashi were warmly wrapped in thick layers of coat. you two were almost like walking burritos but you didn't care. it was warm and it was comfortable and that itself was enough to make you happy.

it was assuring to see the line outside obachan's restaurant. it meant that her business was going well... but that meant that takahashi and you had to wait in the cold before going in. not that you particularly minded.

" come give me your hand, " takahashi said as you waited in line.

" no, it's cold, " you retaliated as you further shoved your hands into your pockets.

takahashi sighed before he dug deep into his pocket to fish out a heat pack. he then dipped his hand into your pocket. underneath all that cloth, you could feel his large, warm hand gently squeezing yours against the heat pack. you could feel your face heat up at his actions.

" still cold? " he asked.

" a little. "

he then proceeded to stand in front of you as he used his free hand to cover your hoodie over your head. he then pulled your into his chest as he rested his head on top of yours.

" hey we are in public, " you embarrassing said.

" and i don't care, " he cheekily replied, holding you tighter.

you could feel the vibrations from his chest as he let out a laugh, causing you to smile to yourself as well.

a warm feeling bubbled in your chest. when he held you like this, it felt as if no one else existed. as if you were in a movie and you were the main character. he made you feel that special. you looked up at him and flashed him a smile.

" what is it? " he asked you.

you pushed yourself onto your toes as you gave him a peck and grinned, " nothing. "

hey it's me again :"
so sorry i have been missing for so long, so much is going on in my life right now and i feel like i just ended a really important chapter in my life and am just opening a new one??? idk a lot has been going on so it was really hard for me to keep up with the book😖
i sincerely apologise to those who have been dedicatedly following this book... im the most irresponsible author ever... rest assure i will try my best to finish it! even if it takes a long long time!