3. '' she's just a friend ''

last nights event felt like a blur, but the tingly sensation of his warm lips against your neck was enough to keep you up all night

the two of you were headed to a nearby 24 hour restaurant to get breakfast. it was the place where both your mothers used to often as teenagers, so naturally, they would take you both there often too.

being early risers, the both of you were up by 6 and out the house by the next half an hour. you both were still wearing your clothes from yesterday, being too lazy and unbothered to change out. you had your hoodie over your head while takahashi decided to enjoy the cool morning breeze. the morning was silent with a few cars passing by. the two of you walked in tranquility, simply enjoying the comfort of each other's presence.

as you were walking, you felt a pair of hand slip around your waist and a head resting on top of your shoulder. you turned to face a sleepy faced takahashi who was staring blankly straight ahead. his body was pressed close to yours, making it hard to walk.

" takahashi, what do you think you're doing? " you said as you lightly flicked his forehead, causing his face to scrunch up.

" i want to hug you all the time, " he replied in a laid back tone as he looked at you with loving eyes.

" it's hard to walk, " you argued, " and people will see us. "

" i don't care, " he looked away and pouted, " plus it's six thirty in the morning, the streets are empty and there's no one here. "

deciding to let him have his own way, you mumbled a shallow " whatever " and continued your journey to the restaurant.

he smiled and kissed your cheek as he temporarily squeeze you tighter.

time skip

the restaurant had a huge neon sign plastered above the entry, decorated with bright red lanterns on each side. it wasn't a fancy restaurant but it still held a significant place in both your hearts.

" good morning obachan! " you called out in what seemed like an empty eatery.

a few seconds later, an old lady popped up from under the open air kitchen.

" my favourite children! " she cooed as she called the both of you over.

" good morning obachan, how are you today? " takahashi warmly smiled as he greeted the old lady.

" good... good... it has been so long since i last saw the both of you! you were like... this tall? " the old lady replied as she gestured her hand to around her waist level.

takahashi laughed. " very funny obachan, you just saw us last week! "

obachan's eyes formed a crescent, displaying her wrinkles that came with old age.

" i'm just kidding. come sit down here. " she laughed and gestured for us to sit at the open kitchen, " what would you like for breakfast darlings? "

" just the regular would do, " you smiled.

" the both of you have been eating the same thing for years now, wouldn't you like a change? " obachan asked.

" hm... it's okay obachan, we like the regular the way it is, " you replied.

" think of it as like... our comfort food, " takahashi added as he looked at you fondly, causing you to shyly nibble the bottom of your lip as a smile threatened to creep up your face.

" i see... " obachan said as she watched the interaction between the two of you, " two regulars coming right up! "

time skip

the meal was great. obachan decided to join the both of you, sharing with you two her life stories as a child. she always talked about how she missed the old days.

soon, ten minutes became an hour and an hour became two and it was time for you both to go. she wanted to treat you both to the meal, claiming that you gave her business all the time by bringing your friends over. she claimed that she also liked your company, but takahashi and you refused.

obachan eventually gave up, knowing that she couldn't win against the two youths.

" i'll pay this time, " you said as you jumped off the high chair.

" no, i'll pay! "

" no, you paid last time, just quickly finish your meal and meet me outside, " you smiled at him and patted his head as you followed obachan to the cash register.

as you were busy paying, you failed to notice a few shadows looming into the restaurant. soon after you were done with payment, you turned over to look at takahashi to check if he was ready to leave. to your surprise (and dismay), he was talking to a girl you have never seen in your life. she had dyed blonde hair and was wearing a sun dress with a length that ended mid thigh.

the girl looked like she brought company as well. there was a whole group of them sitting in one of the booths. about 4 more other girls. two of them were giggling while throwing sneaky glances at takahashi and their friend, while the other two were looking at you, in obvious confusion, looking as if they were trying to decipher something.

" where did they even come from? " you asked yourself.

just as you were starting to feel uncomfortable, takahashi coincidentally looked up at your direction and met your eyes. he couldn't help but smile, making you feel butterflies in your tummy.

" see you soon, " he said to the blonde girl as he walked past her, towards you.

" bye bye obachan, thank you for the meal! " he thanked obachan and bowed to her. you doing the same.

" see you soon kids! don't forget to visit me often! " she cheerfully greeted as she walked the two of you out.

" damn... who was that? " you asked takahashi. you have been beside him for basically, your entire lives. your friends were his friends and his friends were yours. seeing someone you didn't recognise that recognised him was something you rarely encountered.

" oh... the girl from the restaurant? " he asked as he slung his hands around your shoulder, guiding you away from the shop and towards his house.

" she's just a friend. "