(11) Flee Omega Flee

Chapter 11.

“Clayton stop!” She shouted at me, my back facing her enraged face.

I ignored Sage, grabbing my car keys and spinning them around on my finger before reaching my hand towards the front door. It was time I left, now that I had a pretty good idea where my sister was. I was this close from Penelope, so close that I will see her before we all turned eighteen, Penelope, Rylan, and myself. Bermuda, who would have guess that?

My arm was tugged, and I shrugged it off determined to get to her as fast as I could. She was wasting my time, and at this moment, every second mattered. Penelope is probably all alone in that dark lonely prison. My thoughts ran to what she was doing. How was she? Was she still willing to live?

I felt my heart drop, and I turned back around towards my office. That was another clue, something had happened to my sister before. Sage rammed into me, toppling over to the ground, but I didn’t bother to help her up. Fleeing to my office, I pushed past as many pack members as possible. Many had followed me as I ran as fast as I could trying to get out of the house.

Causing many people to fall, I swung the basement door open, almost falling down the steps in the process as I descended. Entering my office, I pushed passed the stacks of papers and pulled out the previous list I had looked at. Missing seventeen yet found pre-eighteen, attempts at death with a confused young mind.

I didn’t want it to be the truth, but it was written right in front of me. My sister had ‘attempted death’ which also means that she had tried to kill herself. Penelope wanted to die, her time in confinement was that horrible. My poor sister, my little sister, she deserved to live the life she deserved. I must grant her that.

“My sister is going home.” I breathed, feeling a presence from behind me. “Sage, you can’t stop me from going.”

“Maybe I can’t.” Sage paused, and I heard a rustling which made me turn around.

“But I can.” London said, stepping forward, one of her hands resting of her flat stomach where our child was growing.

“London.” I breathed, my eyes widening in surprise.

“This is what you’ve been doing this entire month?” She asked, eyes flashing with hurt and betrayal. “You haven’t been sleeping, eating, or taking care of yourself at all because you’re looking for your dead sister.”

“She’s not dead, she’s alive.” I told her, taking a step forward, but all she did was take one back. “I promise you when this is all over I’ll be fine.”

“I don’t believe you.” London hissed, turning her head to me. “How can I when all you’ve been doing is lying?”

I winced, feeling her words pierce my heart. Keeping her out of the dark was meant to keep her safe so she wouldn’t go after me when I did find Penelope. However everything is out of the bag, and my plans of that all went down the drain. The color rapidly fled my face as I watched my mate start to cry.

“London, this probably isn’t good for the baby.” Sage soothed, rubbing her hand up and down her arm. “Please calm down.”

“Clayton you can’t talk to me right now.” My mate snapped, and before I knew it she was stomping out of my office, slamming the door loudly behind her.

I sunk down in my chair, running my hands through my golden hair. What have I done? In only under a month I have had London upset with me more than once. She may never forgive me with all this secretive business, and I may need to stop this. I’ll be dying sooner or later, and of course before her. I don’t want her to remember me as her lying mate. She needs to remember me for the romantic things I did for her.