(7) Flee Omega Flee

Chapter 7.

                I sat down on the wooden chair, cringing at the loud noise it made. Warner crossed the room, grabbing the coffee mugs and leaving me in my own thoughts. This seemed like a bad idea. As he poured the dark liquid into the cups, ad began to mumble to himself about something. I couldn’t understand him as he did so.

                “I’m guessing you came to me about your mother.” Warner stated simply, adding a bit of sugar into his cup before turning around to face me. “She was quite the little troublemaker when I met her.”

                “How well did you know her?” I asked, taking the mug from him and sipping the black coffee.

                “I met her when her brother Logan died. She had just left the pack and a newly turned rogue meant a new rogue member for me. You see, I was a rogue Alpha back in the day.” He smiled at the memory, but didn’t sit down as he passed the rows of chairs.

                My eyes widened in surprise as I looked at him. He carried himself like an Alpha, but since hasn’t been one in such a long time the power radiating off of him has diminished. Since he was a rogue, the power of being an Alpha does diminished if he hadn’t been a leader of a real pack.

                “She attacked me over fear of losing her life, but I would never harm a female dangerously. I only nipped at her to rile her up.” He explained, placing the mug on the fireplace, he didn’t seem the type to sit down I guessed. “Celia got me quite good, and I knew she had a strong spirit. Right here you see.”

                Warner pointed at a scar not far from his eyes, and it looked like when the damage had been caused it was excruciating. It was long and stretched across from his eyebrow to his jawline near his ear. It was faintly white, and the years have obviously allowed it to heal better.

                “Not long after she had gotten in an argument with Cooper, your father. She left the pack, and I found her. With some persuasion, I had her become my Beta and live in my home.”

                “You let my mother leave her mate and be with you!” I shouted, standing up from my seat, but not before placing the coffee mug on the table.

                “Sit down Clayton.” He said softly, and hesitantly I did as he asked. “All those years ago, rogues were very violent, and if she came in contact with any lone wolf they would have used her and killed her on the spot. Believe me, I only did it to protect her until Cooper came to get her.”

                “But you made her a Beta, why?” I seethed, gripping the arms of the chair tightly to the point they could crack any moment.

                “She was an Omega, and if she was going to be an Alpha’s mate then she had to be aware of the type of power the higher ranks possessed. It was only a test to see how she would react.” I shook my head, not believing what this man was telling me was true. “That was just about the last time I saw her until the war began, and when she was pregnant with your siblings.”

                This caught my attention, and I was actually curious as to why a rogue would want to get involved in a war between two rival packs. He had obviously left his own pack because he didn’t enjoy the ways of one, and wanted solitude from his kind. Then suddenly he becomes part of a fight he was never a part of. It’s a little odd.

                “Alpha Zaire had recruited many of the rogues I wanted, and if they weren’t on my side then I would fight against them. Gossip travelled about your mother, and I believed nothing but the fact that she was having an Alpha’s pups. No one should be born around the time of war, and I knew fighting alongside with Celia would bring me liberation from the thought of my own pack and family.”