(9) Flee Omega Flee

Chapter 9.

                Their mouths were left ajar, their eyes wide and faces flushed. Trixie looked over at her husband, who looked over at me in surprise. The silence became deafening as I waited for them to say something. Perhaps was wrong to accuse them so bluntly. A better way of doing it would’ve been wiser, but I was tired of waiting, and time was running out.

                “Clayton.” Trixie said breathlessly. “You’re sister has been dead for quite some time now, we were informed by Cooper after he had found the body.”

                “I’ll contact your father to come and get you.” Jeremy said, kissing his mates forehead affectionately before going for the door. “This is unacceptable.”

                “Fine!” I growled, throwing my hands up in the air, which caught both of them by surprise. “You have known him longer than I have, and you know what he’s like. When he gets here, he will be filled with more anger than you can imagine.”

                Jeremy stopped, his hand on the door handle, obviously not so determined to get to the phone. His blue eyes locked with my golden ones, and he walked backward, before releasing the door and approaching me. I stood tall, not willing myself to back down from him.

                “You seem like a smart man.” I mocked standing chest to chest with him now. “Do you really believe my father will great you will happiness?”

                “Do you believe your mate will be happy to see you knowing that you’ve left her back in the pack, and the fact that you’ve been keeping this from her?” Jeremy scorned narrowing his eyes at me.

                I kept my face blank, yet fire burned in my eyes as I glared at him. How dare he? He can insult me all he wants, but bringing my mate in this is low. London will always love me, no matter what I do, even if it means having to protect her and keep her in the dark.

                “Instead of getting mates involved.” I turned to look at a wide-eyed Trixie, then back at Jeremy. “And my father, answer me.”

                “If you threaten me one more time Clayton, our alliance will be terminated.” He snarled shoving me away from me, which caused me to stumble.

                “For one, you are not Alpha.” I said calmly. “Second, I know you know something about Penelope.”

                He rolled in his lips, frustration clear in his eyes. Trixie looked over at him, fear clear in her eyes. She looked like she had something to say, so I averted my eyes from him to her. Never have a seen a woman as scared as her in that moment. She sure puts on a strong front, but deep inside I can tell there’s an ocean of fear.

                She looked over at her husband, as if asking for permission, which he nodded hesitantly. Holding out her hand she said to me. “Come with me.”

                My eyes widened in shock. She was going to tell me something, something I craved more than I would’ve thought. Sparing me a small smile she slipped past both of us and left the room. Jeremy and I spared an angered glance, before I turned and followed her. Questions need to be answered, and theories needed to be proved.

                Trixie went out the back door into the cold winter air, which confused me. Why on Earth would she think to take me outside? We are mildly tolerant to the cold, but even werewolves are not invincible. Slipped on a pair of winter boots that were outside, she began wobbling in the snow. I turned around to see pack members glaring at me, not understanding why a man other that her mate would be following the former Luna.