(28) Flee Omega Flee

Chapter 28.

                I gripped the mug in my hand, everyone completely quiet as Fia handed the last cup of coffee to Lucian. He took it with a kind 'thank you' and she sat down with a similar smile. My mate glanced over at me, worry edged in on his features. I didn't expect him to place his free hand on my exposed thigh, making me jump two feet in the air.

                Ignoring his soft apology, I looked at Fia and Sal, who were getting comfortable as she sat down. Fia's face had a tint of red on it, and Sal looked more than just uncomfortable. He began fidgeting in his seat, even when Fia placed her hand on his shoulder.

                Trixie and Jeremy were glancing around, praying for someone to break the awkward silence that had grown at the confession. Neither of them knew what the problem was, or why it involved me. I surely wasn't going to be the one to bring it up, nor was I comfortable speaking about it.

                Kory was slumped in his chair, exhaustion obviously written on his feature. He had been the only person who had taken three cups of coffee, and still looked tired. Perhaps it was because he had already stayed up late doing pack papers, or maybe it was because it was four in the morning.

                Above everyone, Oliver looked the most uncomfortable. He continued to steal nervous looks at Lilura, whose legs were folded neatly, and with her back completely straight. His hands were folded over one another as he kept himself sitting up by his elbows, which rested lazily on his knees. It was obvious he didn't know what he was meant to do. I understand his curiosity, werewolves and witches are hardly ever mates.

                Lilura cleared her throat, and everyone's eyes snapped to her. "I understand I have a lot of explaining to do, Penelope."

                "You mean you want to explain why you wanted to kill me?" I shouted standing up on my seat which made Lucian growl under his breath. He reached his hand out soothingly, and brought me back down to the couch.

                She only nodded. "Two days before you were saved, Fia came into my cage. She told me who she was, and what I needed to do to get you out of there. I listened because the Moon Goddess went to me personally to explain your fate."

                Oliver refused to remove his gaze on Lilura, his mate, but I knew he was upset about her trying to kill me. We had become friends, and someone he was supposed to love had wanted to kill me. I felt bad for him, he deserved a girl who had no relations with me, and that we may be able to become friends.

                "Fia told me you needed a push, something to break your heart so much that you would try to get out. She knew what I was capable of, and I agreed because she promised to break me out as well." Lil shifted the cup of black coffee in her hand. "I betrayed you because in order for you to believe me I had to threaten your life. I twisted the game and lied to you so you would try to take your own life. Fia didn't know that part, but any other way wouldn't have worked."

                "How old were you when you were put in there?" Oliver spoke, which made everyone turn to look at him. I was in enough shock as it was, so I didn't turn to him.

                Lilura looked over at him. "Penny was four and I was eight when I was taken. I'm twenty one, but because of my magic, I've been able to slow the aging process to make me her age plus a little older."

                Oliver looked back down at his hands as he tried to understand what was really going on with this new information. Lucian and Kory exchanged glances before looking over at their friend. I knew they were trying to understand witches, and I knew because they must've grown up to hate them.