(5) Flee Omega Flee

Chapter 5

                London took my hand and pulled me out of the room faster than anyone I’ve ever done before. My heart was pounding louder than hers, but I was more in shock than ever. My wolf was ranting and pacing, telling me again and again that my father deserved what I had done. He kept telling me that I wasn’t at fault, that it was our mothers and that she pulled this stunt on purpose. However, there was only one through running through my head.

                I almost killed my own father.

                He’s the reason I exist, and I tried to kill him over rage not even directed to him. I was angry with life itself. My brain told me it was out of betrayal, but my heart told me it was out of desperation. With everything going on, I wanted so many things. I wanted to live to see the day where my son is old enough to remember me. I want to find my sister and bring her home to our family. But most of all, I want my mother back, and my family in general.

                I’m a stupid ignorant boy, someone who deserves nothing. I don’t deserve London, my beautiful mate. She’s the definition of perfection, even if she declines it. I love her, and she doesn’t deserve to have me as her other half. A strong, caring, and love-giving man would be the perfect match for her. Though, it sickens me to picture her with another man, I can’t help but feel insecure about us. She’s everything that I’m not.

                Much like London, my aunt is the same. She’s been through a lot, and is still smiling every day. I haven’t seen her much, since she enjoys traveling and experiencing life as an adult. My Aunt Paige was once my father’s anchor, helping him calm himself and get through the tough decisions of being Alpha. Then all at once my mother came into the picture, and she found out she was pregnant with my cousin Shaw.

                While she was pregnant, my father yelled at her for having a teen pregnancy with his best friend and her Beta, but they were mates and it was allowed. My mother was going through her unstable stages and she was on the sidelines watching her brother treat his mate improperly for a time. When the pregnancy got out, for a brief period the Blood Moon pack wanted her for a trade for my mother because she was thought to be a criminal. When the war started, she was only a few months from having Shaw, and got tired and stressed out easily.

                The worst of it, is that she blames herself mildly for Penelope being taken. She remembers walking past my parent’s room and seeing a shadow after something broke downstairs. At that time, it didn’t register that an enemy was in the pack house and being so tired from taking care of Shaw, she didn’t know. I’m the only one who knows the truth, because my father would disregard her for her stupidity. However, she didn’t know, but Paige doesn’t realize that it wasn’t her fault at all.

                “Clayton Pierce! You better get your soon-to-be Alpha ass over here this instant!” The voice behind me shrilled, and before I knew what was happening, my left ear was grabbed and tugged.

                I yelped loudly, London releasing the strong hold on my hand and flinging forward. She ran into the door because of her uncontrolled speed while I fell into the arms of my aunt. Her nails dug into my ear, giving it enough pressure to hurt and also feel uncomfortable. I felt myself being dragged, because I couldn’t exactly hurt her while she was carrying a pup.

                She began mumbling to herself about me, saying words like “idiot” and “foolish boy.” I frowned, but didn’t have enough time for it to last before I was chucked forcibly on the couch. Wincing at the impact of landing on the remote, I stared at her awe struck.