sad

*colbys pov*

ever since that night i've been different. people have noticed it. may 10th 2020. one of my best friends had died. corey. corey la barrie to be specific. it was his birthday and he got into a car crash. he wasn't even driving! fuck man.

i was laying in bed staring at the blank wall unaware that my girlfriend of two years y/n was standing in the doorway of my room. she slowly walked into my sight kneeling down in front of me. she slowly pulled the hair covering my eyes, out of my sight. "hey," she said softly. "hi," i replied lowly. "how you doing," she asked slightly knowing the answer. "can i be honest with you," i asked looking into her eyes. "always baby," she replied sitting next to me on my bed. i sat up and faced her, "i'm not okay, i miss him so much. it's not fair!" "i know baby, i know. but think of it this way, he's in a better place and is watching over you. over all of us." she said. she came closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. i pulled her down onto the bed and layed my head on her chest. she tightened her grip around me. "i think all you guys should take a break from social media for about a week or so," she said as she played with my hair. she knows i love that and it calms me down. "i should," i say. "yes! and tomorrow we're going to get your cute ass out of this bed, okay?" she says. i laugh, "deal." i looked up and kiss her soft lips.

***
that quarantine thing was lifted for me so that's why i said they'd be getting out the house.

also no disrespect towards corey's family, i think it's a shame that he passed away so young and didn't deserve to die. rest easy corey ❤️