misunderstanding

idea from: @7elevenwishes

*colbys pov*

lately y/n has been hanging out with sam. like a lot. it hurts me when i see them laughing and having a good time together. i've liked y/n for awhile now and seeing her happy makes me happy but there's that part of me that hates it. i wish i was the one making her happy. in reality, it's sam. don't get me wrong, i love sam and want him to be happy but not with y/n. i tell him everything, except about y/n. i don't plan on telling him either. "sam, oh my god stop that!" y/n says laughing, walking through the front door. sam had tickled her side. i looked at them and put a fake smile on my face. they had come over to film a video. we're going to film a q&a video. "what's up guys," i say walking towards them. "nothing much, ready to film?" sam asks. "yup," i say popping the 'P'. i set up the camera and we begin filming the video. "what's up you guys, it's colby brock. today i'm here with two of my friends sam and y/n," i say pointing to them. "heyyy," y/n says to the camera. "hi," sam says waving. we answer some questions and this one popped up. "'colby, do you like anyone?', um no, i don't like anyone," i said knowing damn well i'm lying. we continued answering questions. we ended the video and sam went to his apartment whilst y/n stayed here for a minute. she was in the kitchen getting a water bottle out of the fridge. i walked to the island in the kitchen and sat down. "hey, can i talk to you?" i said. she turned around and said, "sure, what's up?" i looked down at the counter debating if i should tell her about my feelings. like say she likes sam and not me. i wouldn't want to make it awkward for her but i wouldn't want it to mess up her relationship with sam. "so i don't wanna ruin anything between us but i just need to tell you this. um... i have feelings for you and i have for awhile now." i say looking up at her. "i've liked you for awhile too," she says smiling. "actually?" i ask with confusion written on my face. "yea," she says walking over to me. i get up and hug her. she immediately hugs me back. "y/n, will you go out with me?" i ask looking at her, still holding her waist. "of course," she says smiling. that was the beginning of a life time long relationship.