89. All Your Angel Things

(Warning: This might get sad for some of you, but I don't know. I'll try to keep it cute, but I'm just warning you, it could make you cry AT SOME POINT. Just a heads up. Okay, continue.)

._.__.~Dean's POV~.__._.

I sat in my room praying my heart out. Just like every night. Every day. Every second of every waking hour. But I never got a response.

"Cas," I tried to pray to him. "Where are you, man? I need you. I need to see you. You can't avoid me forever. This has got to stop somewhere, Cas."

Ever since he got his wings back, courtesy of that hijacked mojo, it's like he completely ditched me and Sam. I hadn't seen him in days, weeks, hell, maybe even months. I couldn't remember for the life of me. And I was driving myself crazy trying to reach him.

"Cas, please, I just... I want to know you're there. You hear me? You could be dead for all I know. I'm starting to... I'm starting to think you might be. You might as well be, judging by the whole MIA thing you've got going on. Please, Cas, just give me a sign. I want to know you aren't six feet under just yet. Please, Cas, please."

No response.

As per freaking usual.

I decided to get my guitar out from under my bed. It had been a while since I played this old thing. I had a song in my head, and I decided to put it to music.

I strummed the strings a little to the tune I had in my mind. It was Cas's song.

"Your hand fits in mine,

Like it's made just for me.

But bear this in mind,

It was meant to be.

You told me you're an angel who pulled me out of hell.

And it didn't make sense to me.

I know you've never cared,

About the blue in your eyes,

But I do.

You've never thought,

About how I think of you.

The way your hair sticks up, out of place, it's so wild,

I will love it endlessly.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth.

But if I do,

It's you,

Oh, it's you they add up to.

I'm in love with you,

And all these angel things.

You can't go to bed because you cannot sleep.

And maybe that's the reason when I sleep, you watch me.

And all our conversations make my heart skip a beat.

Though it makes no sense to me.

I know you've never cared,

About the sound of your voice, so deep,

You always want,

A burger to eat. (I know it sounds stupid, but it's the best I've got :\)

You still want to wear that old trench coat,

Well it's perfect to me.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth.

But if it's true,

It's you,

It's you they add up to.

I'm in love with you,

And all these angel things.

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you.

And you'll never treat yourself right, Cassie, but I want you to.

If I let you know I'm here for you.

Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth.

'Cause it's you,

Oh, it's you,

It's you they add up to.

And I'm in love with you,

And all these angel things.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth.

But if it's true,

It's you,

It's you they add up to.

I'm in love with you.

And all your angel things."

A single tear fell down my cheek, landing on my guitar. He was my angel. And he clearly wasn't coming back anytime soon.

I set my guitar aside and buried my face in my hands. I tried so hard not to cry, but it proved to be a challenge. I loved him. And I should've told him that while I still had the chance.

And that's when I heard the sound of wings.

I jumped up and whirled around, and I was met with my favorite pair of blue eyes.

"Cas?" I asked, cracking my first smile in weeks.

He smiled back. "Hello, Dean."

I wasted no time as I embraced him. I held him tightly, as though I could lose him again just by letting go. I would never let him go again.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"It's... difficult to explain," He finally hugged me back. "I'm sorry, Dean."

Tears ran down my cheeks, and I couldn't tell if they were sad or happy tears. I was just glad to have my angel back.

"Dean... it's almost midnight."

"Yeah. And?"

"Do you even realize what today is?"

"No. What?"

"It's New Year's Eve, Dean."

I pulled away and looked into his eyes. I loved they way they sparkled even in the dim light.

"Oh. Yeah, I guess it is."

"Isn't it customary for one to kiss their significant other at midnight on New Year's Eve?"

"Am I your significant other?" I smiled.

He smiled back. "You are certainly significant."

I chuckled. "How long till midnight?"

"Ten seconds now."

"Cas... I love you. And all your angel things."

"I know. And I love you too, Dean."

Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

And we kissed for the very first time. I was in love with him. And all his angel things.

(A/N: SORRY IF YOU CRIED!! I did warm you tho. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And sorry that the timelines are all wonky, but hey, it's New Year's Eve, so what the hell, right? HAVE A FANTASMIC NEW YEAR!!!!

Peace Off My Mini Marshminions!)