39. One Thousand Forgive-Me Kisses

Dean and Cas sat at the table in the library, Cas unable to make eye contact as Dean stared him down.

"Cas? You know we've gotta talk about this." Dean began gently.

"I know. I'm just ashamed of myself."

"I'm sure you are. But there's nothing to be ashamed of. He tricked you. That happens. Metatron's a tricky son of a bitch."

"There were so many angels, Dean. He tricked me into banishing thousands upon thousands of angels. And because of it, I'm human. Where... do I even start... to look for... forgiveness?"

Dean folded his hands on the table and looked at his embarrassed little angel. His angel. No one else's. If only he could speak his mind and claim him as his own. Although, he suddenly knew right where to begin.

"I'll take a thousand kisses." He blurted.

Cas looked him in the eye incredulously. He didn't fully understand, nor did he believe he heard him correctly. "Pardon?"

"You heard me," Dean replied quickly. "One thousand kisses. Then I'll forgive you."

"I've never heard of such an offer."

"Well now you have. What do you say? Deal?"

Cas reluctantly nodded his head and held out his hand for Dean to shake it. Dean simply smirked and said, "Now, you know that's not how it goes."

"This isn't a crossroads deal, Dean."

"I know that. I just wanna make sure you mean it," He placed the tip of his finger on his left cheek. "Come on, right here."

Cas sighed and hesitantly gave Dean a light peck on the cheek. Dean tried to hide his smile. "Now was that so hard?"

"One down, nine hundred and ninety nine to go."

"I think we'll have to make a schedule of some sort, because trust me, a thousand kisses is gonna take a while."

Dean decided to use a pocket calendar to keep track of all the kisses. If they went for six kisses a day, two in the morning, two in the afternoon, and two at dusk, they'd be done by April give or take. And until then, Dean was gonna have fun with this.

._.__.~Day One~.__._.

It was early in the morning when Dean received his first kiss on the cheek. Unless the deal making kiss was technically the first. Whatever.

"Good morning, Dean."

"Morning, Cas. Let me mark that in the calendar." He left a tally mark on the date of October 24th.

"How long will this continue?" Cas wondered.

"Just until April."

"I hate April."

Dean laughed. "Not that kind of April. I've rounded it up to about a hundred and seventy days until we've reached a thousand, as long as we keep up our schedule."

Cas sighed. "Okay. I'll see you later then." He bent down and gave Dean another peck on the cheek and left.

Dean smiled happily and closed his eyes. He loved Cas, and he knew this was a good way of getting Cas to love him back. He took the red pen and marked another tally in the calendar.

A few hours later, around noon, Dean, Sam, and Cas were in the library doing research for a hunt. Dean checked his watch and looked at Cas.

"Cas, it's time."

Sam gave Dean a weird look. "Time for what?" He asked, taking a sip of his beer.

Cas knew what he was referring to. He got up and gave Dean a kiss on the cheek, causing Sam to nearly choke on his drink.