34. Make My Shoulders Feel Better

Cas was going through a lot of stress as an official human. Everything felt different to him. Especially his shoulders. They felt very sore. Dean seemed to notice.

"Cas, you alright?" He asked randomly one night.

"Yes, I'm fine." Cas lied. His shoulders actually felt worse than usual.

"Well, I'm just asking because you keep rubbing your shoulders. You sure you're okay?"

Cas looked at him and sighed. "I guess my shoulders are a bit sore. I'm not sure why. I assume it's stress."

Dean cleared his throat. "You could always... I dunno, try a massage."

"That's what I've been doing. It's not working."

"No, Cas, what I'm saying is... I could give you one."

Cas tilted his head to the side. "You want to rub my shoulders?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's a good way to relax."

Cas sighed again. "I suppose. Whatever makes you happy."

They went to Dean's room and shut the door. Cas took off his trench coat and black jacket and sat at the edge of the bed. Dean positioned himself behind him and started rubbing his shoulders.

Cas smiled. It actually did feel good. All of the tension in his muscles started to wash away. He closed his eyes, never wanting this feeling to end. It was absolute bliss.

"That feel good?" Dean asked.

"It does. A lot. I've never known relaxation like this before." He yawned, a feeling of exhaustion washing over him.

"Cas, you're all up in knots. You've really gotta relax."

"Well, I am now."

Dean started digging into his shoulder blades, and he accidentally let out a small moan. Dean chuckled at this, obviously finding it amusing.

"You must be seriously stressed out. What's eating you?"

"I'm not sure," Cas shrugged. "Whatever it is, it's no match for these massages." He yawned again.

"You tired?"

"Mm-hm." He mumbled. He propped his head up on one hand.

"Well, once I'm done with this, you should get some sleep. It's getting late. Alright? Cas?"

Cas had already fallen asleep. Dean realized this and smiled. He laid him down on the bed and kissed his forehead, since he wouldn't have many opportunities to do so.

He wanted to confess his feelings for Cas, but the poor guy couldn't handle emotions very well. It was all new to him.

Dean turned off the light and laid down next to him with his arms around his waist. He kissed him on the neck and whispered in his ear, "Good night, angel."

Cas moaned and mumbled, "I love you too, Dean."