8. Why Can't I Stop Fluttering?

Cas stood in Dean's room shirtless. His wings were to their full extent. Today was the day he would show them to Dean. He gathered up his confidence until Dean walked through the door. He folded his wings back up, still a bit unsure. Dean stood there and stared at him.

"Cas, why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

"I was going to show you something, but now I'm not so sure."

"What were you gonna show me?"

"Doesn't matter." Cas mumbled.

"Come on, Cas. What is it?" Cas took in a deep breath. He slowly unfolded his giant black wings, Dean staring in awe. They were so much bigger than he would've imagined. They were beautiful.

"These." Cas muttered. He kept staring at the ground as though he were ashamed.

"Cas, have you always had these?" Dean asked.

"Yes. But no human has ever laid eyes on them."

"How come?"

"It is not of import." Dean walked up to him. He slowly reached out to touch one, causing Cas to quickly tuck them in.

"Woah, what is it?"

"Sorry. It's a reflex."

Dean chuckled. Cas slowly unfolded them again. Dean gently brushed his fingers along his right wing, causing it to twitch.

"It's so warm." Dean smiled.

"Yes. They keep angels warm."

"Really?" He kept petting his wing. They were constantly fluttering.

"Why can't I stop fluttering?" Cas groaned.

Dean laughed. "Is that a good thing?" He asked. He started stroking the top of the wing, causing Cas to laugh and flap his wing a bit. He covered his mouth with his hand and Dean chuckled.

"What, does that tickle?"

"A little." Dean continued to tickle his wing, Cas laughing uncontrollably. He accidentally knocked something over with his wing and they froze.

"Let's not do that anymore," Dean laughed. Cas was on his knees with a sad look. Dean knelt by his side. "What's wrong, Cas?"

"I've only been touched like that once in my whole life." He muttered.

"By who?" Cas looked him in the eye.

"It doesn't matter." A tear rolled down his cheek. Dean was surprised. He'd never seen Cas cry before. He wrapped his arms around the ex-angel, who copied the gesture. He quietly cried into his shoulder.

"It's okay, Cas. It's okay." Cas's wings laid limp by his side. There was only one angel who touched him the way Dean had. Ariel. He realized he muttered the name aloud.

"Who's Ariel?" Dean asked.

"I loved her." Cas sobbed. Dean held him tighter. He wanted to know more about this Ariel, but he could tell it was a touchy subject for Cas.

Without actually realizing what he was doing, Dean gave him a small kiss on the forehead. He immediately blushed. So did Cas.

"Dean, what was that for?" All Dean could do was stammer. Until Cas pulled him in for a much more passionate kiss. It made his wings flutter madly. They took a moment and looked at each other. It took a little while to realize Cas was looking down at Dean. He was hovering just above the ground, and upon realizing what he was doing, his knees hit the floor.

"What the hell was that?" Dean whispered.

"I've kissed Ariel many times, but she never made me do that. You're special, Dean."

(A/N: I feel like I must ask this, but what is your favorite one shot so far? I feel like the one with drunk Cas is gonna be pretty popular, but I don't know these things :3 And I didn't come up with Ariel. That was from an AMAZING book I read by @i_married_a_dalek. It's not Destiel, it's called SuperWhoLock. YOU MUST READ IT. I'm just so sad about- *covers mouth with hand* SPOILER ALERT! I can't say it! I wish I could! BUT I CANT! Lol anywho, LEAVE COMMENTS. I COMMAND IT :3 jk. Byeeee!)