108. Two Days Clean (yes i know a day didnt pass yet shut up its for aesthetic)

"Let's go to the country. It's nice and peaceful there."

"I was thinking more like the big city. New York or Chicago."

Cas shook his head. "No. It's so loud in the city."

"How would you know? You've never been there."

"Because I've seen the movies."

"Ah. Movies. Excellent source of information."

They laid on the bed on their backs, hands folded behind their head, staring up at the ceiling. They were thinking of places to go once Dean turned eighteen. Dean thought big city, while Cas was adamant about the countryside.

"Oh yeah? Well where did you come up with big city? An encyclopedia?"

Dean scoffed at his sarcasm. "No. My mom grew up in the big city, and she always talks about how much she misses it. So I figure, hey, why not?"

"And why did she move here?" He asked out of genuine interest.

"Because she met my dad. She decided that big city life is no way to raise a child. Or two children. So...." He let his sentence hang there, not sure how to finish it.

Cas thought a moment. "Well... I know this is forward of me to ask, but... what if... we started a family? Sometime in the distant future? Just putting it out there I mean you never know. It could happen. Maybe."

Dean had never considered this. What if they did start a family? It was a possibility, of course. Dean never really thought of himself as a father figure, but what if, one day, they went and did it? Adopted a child? This new and unforeseen thought got Dean on edge. Maybe one day he'd want to be a parent. But what if he wasn't good enough?

"I... I never really thought about it. Would I... be a... good dad?"

Cas smiled at his skeptic boyfriend. "Of course you would. The fact that you're so worried is a good sign in itself."

"You think so?"

"Absolutely."

He paused momentarily. "We're not even eighteen yet, what's with the parent talk?"

"You kinda started it."

Dean scoffed, smiling slightly. "Whatever."

They suddenly heard Mary's voice. "Dean? Who are you talking to?" She opened the door, causing both of them to sit up.

"Oh. Mom."

Mary looked confused as to what Cas was doing here. "Castiel? What are you doing here?"

Dean began to explain. "I probably should've ran this by you, but things got a bit... heated. I was hoping Cas could stay here for a bit; his parents know that he's gay. It'll be just for a little while. I hope you don't mind."

She understood the situation. "Oh. Of course. You poor thing. I'll make some breakfast." And with that, she left.

Cas looked over at Dean. "You see? Your mom is awesome."

Dean scoffed. "Just give it a day or so. You'll see."

(A/N: I feel like I'm getting a bit writing blocked again so if some of this feels kinda forced it's because I refuse to be unable to write again so yeah 🙃 writers block is a hellish place to be and I deFY IT.)

They stayed in Dean's room until Mary called them for breakfast. They went into the dining room where the plates were set. There was pancakes and scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as other assorted breakfast foods. It looked amazing.