81. This Ice Is Stupid

They arrived at the skating rink. Cas was rather excited. He'd never been ice skating before, it seemed like fun. He convinced Dean to go since it wouldn't be fun alone.

They got their skates, and Dean had to help the ex angel get his on. Once they were sufficiently tied, Cas tried to stand, only to tumble right into Dean.

They both chuckled. "You okay, Cas?"

"I'm fine. It's just difficult to balance in these." He smiled awkwardly.

They managed to get to the ice, Cas leaning on the hunter for extra support. He was suddenly a bit nervous about getting on the ice. If staying upright was such a challenge, how would he get on the slippery solid water?

"Dean, I'm not sure about this." He muttered anxiously.

"It's okay, Cas. I'll help you."

He was right in front of the ice rink. He gently touched it with the tip of the skate. He could already tell this would be tricky. He swallowed his fear and got out on the ice.

He was a bit wobbly out there, even with Dean supporting him. His knees shook, but that was mostly out of apprehension. Dean gently guided him across the ice, and he came close to falling every now and then. They stayed close to the rail that separated the ice from the normal ground.

"You're doing fine, buddy." Dean spoke softly.

"I... I think I'm going to die." He replied shakily.

Dean chuckled, the sound making Cas's heart flutter. He clung to Dean as though his life depended on it.

"How... how are you so... good at this?"

"You don't know all my secrets. I'm a man of many mysteries."

"O-okay."

Dean grabbed both of his hands and stood in front of him so he was facing him. Cas looked genuinely scared.

"You ready?" He asked.

"R-ready for what?" Cas cocked his head to the side.

Dean grinned and slowly released his hands. Cas instantly froze, physically unable to move.

"D-Dean. Help." He choked out.

"Don't worry, Cas. I'll catch you if you fall."

Cas kept moving his arms about in an attempt to stay balanced. He was actually, properly terrified. What if Dean didn't catch him?

"Doing good, Cas. Try and move forward."

"I-I can't."

"Yes you can. You can do it."

Cas looked down at his feet. He moved his left one forward about an inch, which threw off his balance completely. He stumbled forward a bit, but soon regained his balance, grabbing hold of the railing.

"This ice is stupid." He muttered.

Dean grinned. "C'mon, Cas. You got this. Just keep moving forward."

"But I can't. It's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible if you try."

"But-"

"Just look into my eyes, Cas."

He looked into Dean's abnormally green eyes. All his troubles seemed to leave his mind. He was completely care free. No worries. Not anymore.

He slowly began to inch forward, taking small baby steps. He kept staring into the greenest eyes known to man. He continued to skate forward, having almost no idea what he was doing.

"That's it, buddy. Keep going." Dean encouraged him.

He continued to move forward until he slipped, landing in the green eyed hunter's arms. It caused him to lose his balance as well, and he fell backward, Cas ending up on top of him.

"You okay?" Cas couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I'm fine," Dean chuckled. "You?"

"I've... never been better. I wish it could be like this all the time."

"Me too, Cas."

They kept staring into each other's eyes, leaning in closer to one another. Soon, their lips met, and all of time seemed to freeze in place. It only started again when they separated.

They looked over to where they saw a little boy with a camera, smiling with glee. It was an old fashioned camera that printed out the picture as soon as it was taken. He handed them a picture and quickly skated away.

"What is it?" Cas asked.

Dean kept staring at the picture until he realized he asked him a question. He showed him the picture of their kiss. The angel smiled at it.

"Marvelous photography skills."

Dean nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah. Cas?"

Cas looked at him. "Yes, Dean?"

"My ass is freezing. Get up."

They both chuckled and struggled to stand back up. Cas nearly fell about 826 times. Once they finally got back on their feet, they got out of the rink and returned their skates.

"It feels good to be able to walk again." Cas smiled.

"How about we go get some cocoa?" Dean smiled back.

"Sure."

They went to a nearby cafe to buy hot cocoa. They sat side by side, Cas's head resting on Dean's shoulder.

"This is the happiest I've ever been in my life." Cas sighed happily.

"You don't know the half of it."

Cas kept staring at the picture that little boy took. It made him smile and yawn. It was getting late, and not to mention ice skating was rather exhausting.

Dean finished his drink and looked down at his angel. "Ready to go?"

"I'm not done with my cocoa yet," He took a long sip and set the cup down. "Now I'm ready."

They went to the Impala and began their drive to the bunker. About halfway in, Cas fell asleep in the passenger seat. The sight made Dean smile.

He saw that he was holding the picture in his hand. He dug around his glove compartment where there was an assortment of basically everything. He kept taking quick glances at the road to make sure he didn't wreck the damn car.

He finally found what he was looking for; the tape dispenser. He got a piece of tape and took the picture, taping it just below the rearview mirror; so he could see the mirror without the picture getting in the way.

He knew right there that his love for Cas was picture perfect.

(A/N: I don't wanna go.

Peace Off My Mini Marshminions!)