9. So Much Fluff Its Literal

Castiel was just a kitten when he spotted him. There was a small light brown kitten up on a table where the goldfish was. Something about this kitten intrigued him, and he wanted to meet him. He climbed onto the chair next to the table.

"Hello?" He called.

"Sh!" The kitten shushed.

Cas climbed onto the arm of the chair. "Who are you?" He whispered.

"I said sh! I've almost got him!"

"Got who?" Cas climbed on the table next to him.

The kitten sighed. "Garth."

"Who's Garth?"

"The goldfish. I've been trying to catch him for a week. This time, he's not getting away from me."

"Are you sure Mr. Shurley is okay with us being up here?"

"Relax, Chuck is never home, anyway." Cas looked closely at the goldfish.

"I've never actually seen this thing up close before."

"It's cool, isn't it?"

"I guess. It's kinda funny looking."

"What else do you expect from a goldfish? Alright, I'm going in. I'm gonna climb onto this fishbowl, and you're gonna grab my tail so I don't fall in. Got it?"

"Why are you involving me in crime?"

"It's not a crime if you don't get caught."

"But that doesn't make any sense."

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

"I'm not too sure about your definition of fun."

"What are you? A cat or a mouse?"

Cas narrowed his eyes at him. "Nobody calls me a mouse." The strange kitten smiled and started climbing the fishbowl, Cas grabbing hold of his tail. He was along the rim of the bowl, getting ready to grab the fish.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Just do it." Cas spoke around his furry tail.

"One, two, three!" He reached for the fish, who swam away. It hid in its little castle statue thing.

He tried to reach in and grab it, but his paw was too short. Suddenly, he felt something scaly in his paw. He grabbed it.

"Aha! I've got him!" He yelled triumphantly. He held up the fish and suddenly lost his balance. Cas tried to keep him from falling in, but it was no use. They both fell into the large fishbowl, Garth swimming away. They could just barely keep their heads above the water.

"Thanks a lot!" He scolded.

"Sorry." Cas muttered quietly. All of a sudden, a parrot landed on the rim of the fishbowl, looking down at them.

"What are you boys doing?" She asked.

The kitten sighed. "Hi, Ellen."

"Dean, how many times do I have to tell you to leave the fish alone?"

"I told you it was a crime." Cas murmured.

Ellen sighed. She grabbed the kittens by the scruffs of their necks and set them on the ground. They shook themselves dry.

"Thanks Ellen." Dean muttered.

"Yes, thank you." Cas said. She flew back to her cage, just in time to see her egg hatch. Cas began to clean himself.

"What was that all about?" Dean asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You were supposed to keep me from falling in, not diving in with me!"

"I said I was sorry."

Dean sighed. "Whatever. What was your name?"

Cas looked at him. "Castiel." He responded with a yawn.

"I'm Dean," He smiled. He licked Cas on the cheek. "You missed a spot."

Cas accidentally started purring. He looked at Dean. He licked his nose. "So did you." He smiled as well.

They decided it was time for a catnap, so they curled up on the big green couch and fell asleep in a little ball of fur.

(A/N: I'm half tempted to make this a real fanfic, who thinks I should?)