Happy 18th To Me

I Met Sarah In The Bathroom - Awfultune
Eastside - Benny Blanco
Video Games - Lana Del Rey
Him & I - G-eazy

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping like there's no tomorrow. My head is killing me and I feel like death. Everything in my body hurts and my eyes are swollen from crying last night. Speaking of which, Chase didn't come home last night. He's with Shawn and Chase calming down. I don't know what to say to him when I see him. I feel bad for lying and I feel like a shit sister, but it's not as big of a deal right? He was with Kate and all I did was gag. I guess it's different with boys. I haven't talked to Jonah since last night either. I don't know where we stand at this point.

I grab my phone and scroll through the countless notifications. I plan to respond to my DM's and texts, but am interrupted when my parents' username spreads through my phone. I answer the Skype call and sit up.

"Hey!" I smile when I answer.

"Happy Happy Birthday baby!" They both say in unison and I giggle.

Hardly happy, but birthday yes.

"Thank you." I say.

"We love you so much beautiful girl. Wish you all the happiness in the world." My mom says and blows me a kiss.

"Thank you so much, I miss you..." I say and try to hold back tears.

"You know, I still remember on this day 18 years ago when your mom went into labor. 9 hours she was in so much pain and finally you came out. Big green eyes and a bald head." My dad laughs and I laugh with him.

July Second. My birthday. What a time to be alive. I always looked forward to my birthday. My parents made sure I had everything I wanted and I appreciate them so much for that. It's never been a dull day. This year, it feels off though, and I don't know why.

"Happy Birthday loser!" The door busts open and Kate, Denis, Cole and Luke walk in.

"Oh wow, hello." I laugh.

"We'll call you later, honey." My dad says.

"Okay Love you both." I blow them a kiss.

"Love you more." My mom says and hangs up.

"Well well well, birthday bitch how you doin?" Kate jumps in the bed with me.

"Fantastic." I chuckle and yawn.

"You're legal now, how do you feel?" Denis claps his hands.

"Legal in what way? No alc no nic. She's useless." Cole shakes his head and I throw a pillow at him.

"Happy birthday beautiful." Luke hugs me.

"Thanks Zakowski." I smile.

"No Jonah?" I whisper to Kate and she shakes her head.

That's great. Why am I shocked though? I kind of broke up with him. Or did I? I don't even know.

"Chase?" I look at all of them and they shake their heads to that too.

Well fuck me. That's why my birthday's off. Jonah and I aren't talking. Chase and I aren't talking either. To be fair we haven't gotten a chance since it all happened last night.

"Alright, enough. Get the fuck up, we're going shopping." Kate says.

"What? Why?" I whine.

"There may or may not be your surprise birthday party at my house tonight." Kate grimaces.

"Key word, surprise, Kitty Cat." Denis groans.

"Oh my." I laugh.

"Surprise parties are so dumb and sloppy. How would you feel if you showed up wearing your Marvel pajamas to a party?" Kate scolds Denis.