Finish Her

Gangsta - Kehlani
My Medicine- The Pretty Reckless

It's been a couple of days since the whole fiasco. My wounds have healed and I'm in a much better place now emotionally and physically. Life has been treating me surprisingly good and I really hope it will stay that way for a while. I just want to be happy again.

"Everything looks good, Ms. Waters. You have the pain meds if you need them. Stitches are out, everything's looking great. Anything else you need?" Dr. Wheeler clicks his pen.

"Nope, everything's good. Thank you." I smile and get up.

"You should go easy on tight clothes though." He chuckles and glances at my crop-top and black jeans.

"With the amount of beating I took, I'm allowed to at least dress nice aren't I?" I chuckle.

"If it doesn't make you uncomfortable, go for it. But from past experiences, with stomach wounds it's better to lay off on the pressure." Dr. Wheeler grins, writing something in his computer.

"I feel fine, actually. Better than I have in a while. Thanks Doc. Our next appointment is..."

"Four weeks." He nods.

"Perfect. Have a great day." I smile and leave the patient room.

"You as well, Anastasia."

I get back into the car and inhale Jonah's cologne's leftover scent. Before I start the car, I dial his number.

"Hey Babe." His deep voice echoes through the car.

"Hey! How are you?" I ask and put my sunglasses on.

"Good... How about you?" He asks sweetly.

"Good, I just got out of the hospital."

"How did it go?" He asks.

"Good, it was just a checkup." I shrug.

"And how did they say my pretty girl is doing?" He asks playfully. god.

"They said your pretty girl will live as long as her pretty boy doesn't piss her off." I reply with a grin and turn up the air conditioning. It's hot as balls.

"Um? Pretty boy? Anyone I know?" He chuckles.

"No, not really. You aren't missing out though." I say and we both laugh.

"I see I see."

"Mhm." I smile.

"Did you drive okay?"

"Oh yeah. Almost wrecked but all good." I giggle.

"Babe..."

"I'm good I'm good." I smile.

Babe...

"Don't make me take that car away from you." He says jokingly.

"Are you manipulating me?" I fake a shocked voice.

"No I'm not manipulating you. I want you to be safe."

"If you don't like my driving, why don't you teach me how to drive good then?" I smile.

"Yea cause that went well last time." He chuckles.

"I think it went pretty well." I smile.

"Don't worry I'll teach you. Where you headed now?" He asks.

"Home I guess." I shrug. "What plans do you have?"

"Oh nothing... I just gotta pick up this paperwork from Melch and I'm dreading going there just for 15 minutes." He sighs.