FLASHBACK TO HIGH SCHOOL

Needs - Verzache
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Old School - Urban Cone

There are two types of teachers in High School. Type one: the goodie two shoes. The ones that go by the rule-book. They look at students like... students, treating them by the "you get what you deserve" principle. Most of the time they don't even know your name. They show up, do their job, and leave.
Type two: The ones who see past the bad grades. The ones who teach you not only the formulas and the comma rules, but life rules as well. The ones that are like your parent for those six to seven hours you're in school. The ones who look at you as if you're human, not just a student.

Mr. Bowman was the second type. He looked past mine, and the rest of the crew's behavior. He disciplined us if we needed to be disciplined, but he took care of us in a different way. He believed in us, each and every one of us.

High school is brutal, it's painful. But it's also the biggest life lesson and those four goddamn years are when you grow the most. You need one person who will see past your bullshit. For us, that was Mr. Bowman.

***FLASHBACK***

"Motherfucking shit." I groan as I scan my quiz. I'm walking down the long, bright hallway. My backpack killing my back. The smell of books and school lunch is burning my nose and the noise of idiotic kids talking about their boyfriends and Instagram likes makes my ears bleed.

"How'd you do?" Kate runs over to me with a slip of paper of her own.

"C+" I roll my eyes.

"And you're whining? I got a fucking D and I'm happy I didn't fail." She giggles and sips her pink lemonade.

"My parents will freak." I slap my palm against my forehead and go towards the bathroom.

"It's a C+." Kate scoffs and checks herself out in the mirror. Her long, brown hair is in a loose braid. Her black ripped tights and her Dr. Martens are topped with a longsleeve black dress with rips on them.

"I need a fucking break from this school." I roll my eyes and she chuckles, as I pull up my black ripped jeans.

"One year in and we're already done." She laughs and pulls my hair that's simply straightened.

"Fuck we're late." I groan as I look at the clock on my phone.

"Do you care?" She asks as she rolls lip balm over her lips.

"Normally I would say no, but Fisher called me down to his office this morning. He told me if I keep this shit up, he's gonna expel me." I cringe and walk out of the bathroom.

"Imagine getting expelled freshman year. That's just embarrassing." She laughs and I join her.

"Late again now, are we?" I hear a sarcastic voice from down the hall.

"Yeah, like you're already sitting by the desk." Kate answers Denis sarcastically. He's wearing his signature outfit: a snapback, a white t-shirt and sweatpants.

"How bad does that hat smell?" I scrunch my nose as we meet in the middle of the hall.

"He owns like forty of them so, not bad." Cole rolls his eyes and gives Kate a fist-bump. His black wind breaker is accessorized with a gold chain and black sweats.

"And that chain of yours? Doesn't it choke you?" Kate asks as we make our way to the classroom.

"You two are on the roll today. Is it that time of the month?" Cole asks. I punch his shoulder and all four of us walk into the classroom laughing.