What's The Difference?

Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Needs - Verzache

"What's taking you so long?" Jonah groans and busts the door open. Chase walks in behind him.

"We're getting ready." Kate scolds.

"You've been getting ready for the past two hours." Chase groans and plops on my bed. I shove my hoop earrings through my earlobes and puff up my beach waves.

"Sorry we can't just put hair gel on and call it a day." I say.

"What are you getting all dresses up for, come on, we're going right across the street and there won't even be that many people." Jonah shrugs.

"A white t-shirt and jeans isn't dressing up." I say and fold up the bottoms of my blue mom jeans.

"Is everyone else ready?" Kate asks and tightens the hair-ties around her two french braids.

"Yes, can we just go?!" Chase huffs.

"Shut up." I put my middle finger up. "Do we even have to go to this stupid thing?" I whine.

"Yes." Chase and Jonah answer in unison.

"Okay I'm ready." Kate twirls.

"If anything it's right across the street. We can leave whenever." Jonah says and opens the door for us.

"Great." I roll my eyes and put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

Chase and Kate walk in front of us and jog down the stairs quickly.

"Hey." Jonah gently grabs my arm. I turn around and raise my eyebrow.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... why wouldn't I be?" I chuckle, looking into his eyes that are filled with nervousness.

"I don't know. You seem off. You know, ever since Phill showed up." He shrugs.

I don't want to tell him anything. The fact that Phill gives me an uneasy feeling... I just can't discuss this with Jonah. They're childhood friends after all and I'm probably being weird from being sleep deprived.

"No,no, I'm fine, really. I'm just drowsy, we didn't get any sleep last night remember?" I whisper to him and smile to make him feel better.

"Yeah, sort of forgot that part." He grins, looking down and blushing.

"Jonah?!" I smile.

"Yes." He taps his foot, rocking back and forth.

"Look at me." I demand, still smiling at his childish gestures.

"Okay." He says and looks up.

"What's this really about?" I raise my eyebrow.

"No I just..." he sighs. "Okay. I was worried I freaked you out maybe?" He grimaces.

"With what, silly?!" I chuckle.

"I don't... honestly I don't know. You're right, I'm being silly." He shakes his head.

The redness on his tan cheeks is still there, making him look like a nervous kid, which makes me smile to my ears. I place my hand on his arm, raise up on my toes and plant a quick kiss on his cheek.

"We're okay." I assure him and nod.

"We're okay." He repeats and smiles, darting his eyes all over my face.

"Shall we?" I say dramatically and point to the stairs.

"Yes ma'am." He nods and we walk downstairs.