Unlikely Bond

Vampire's Kiss - John Golde
Love is a Bitch - Two Feet

"That was fucking 110 flights of stairs." I sigh as Jonah puts me down on the ground. He takes a deep breath and fixes his hair.

"Yeah, it's exhausting, but worth it." He grins.

This man, Jonah Creed, just carried me up about 90 flights of stairs and he doesn't look tired at all. I feel like I'm in Twilight. What if he's a vampire?

"Jonah?" I ask seriously, quickly.

"Yes, gorgeous?" He turns to me.

"Are you a vampire?" I cringe. He stares at me for about five seconds and then looks at the ground.

"Wow... you figured it out so quickly. What gave it away?" He says artistically and then bursts into laughter after I roll my eyes.

"You went up 110 flights of stairs while carrying me!" I still can't wrap my head around how he did that. "And you don't even look tired."

"I do this a lot. Well, I don't carry girls up here, that one was definitely a first, but I come here often so I guess it doesn't seem so hard anymore." He shrugs and opens a steel door.

The wind hits me in the face at first and I'm taken back, but as soon as we step outside, I can only feel the warm, humid breeze of Chicago. We're on the fucking roof-top of one of the tallest buildings in the world.

"You've gotta be shitting me..." I say, partially zoning out, looking around.

Everything seems so tiny from here, we are literally in the sky. It feels like the stars are right above me.

"You like it?" He paces back and forth nervously, guiding me further onto the roof.

"Yes, it's amazing." I beam. He chuckles.

"Come here." He holds out his hand.

I should feel awkward holding his hand but this feels like a friendship. A nice, beautiful friendship. There's nothing wrong with that, right?

I take his hand and follow him to the edge of the roof. We sit down on the very edge and we are looking over the entire city.

"Wow, I can't get over this. Thanks for bringing me here." I smile. He smiles back.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks, worry spread across his face.

Wow he really cares?

"Yeah, I am." I nod.

"Put the Jacket on." He demands and I do so.

I realize I was too quick to judge Jonah. All of those games I tried to get rid of him, all the tricks I came up with... it all seems so silly now.

"So, how are things with your boyfriend?" He asks, positioning himself to be more comfortable. I raise my eyebrow. I knew this was too good to be true.

"What does he have anything to do with this?" I ask, looking away.

He pauses, his lips slightly parted.

"I'm gonna tell you something." He quickly says. I shrug.

"Go for it." I say as I pick on my nails.

"I'm not telling you who you should and shouldn't date. That's none of my business. I don't want you to think that I'm jealo-"

"What happened with Carrie?" I cut him off. His face drops.

"What?" He asks.

"What happened with her? Jonah, I'm dating a guy who apparently did such a shitty thing and I'd like to know the details from you, cause he won't tell me and I don't want to rely on someone else's versions." I explain and bite my lower lip. He lets out a deep sigh.