Tell Me Pretty Lies

Wreak Havoc - Skylar Grey
IDFC - Blackbear

"If people had anthems, mine would be Waterfalls by TLC." Chase says, sipping his Iced Coffee.

"Why's that?" Jonah chuckles.

"Think about it. Don't gooo chaaasing waterfallls... See? Chasing Waterfalls? Chase Waters? It's dope." He nods proudly.

"Creative." I give him a sarcastic nod.

"The sass, I could do without." He rolls his eyes at me.

"Your stupidity, I could do without. But shit doesn't always work out now, does it?" I mock him.

"You're a witch." Chase says.

"YoUre a wiTCh." I mock him.

"I'm so glad I don't have siblings." Denis laughs.

"So what should we do today? I'm bored." Kate groans and punches the punching bag in Jonah's room playfully.

"We should go to the beach." Seth suggests.

"Ooo that would be fun." Cole nods.

"Not so fast." Savvy says, walking into Jonah's room.

"Oh hey!" I beam when I see her.

"Hey kids." Savvy grins, greeting everyone in the room. "What have ya'll been doing?"

"Just chilling. We're trying to come up with something. You got ideas?" Jonah asks her.

"Many, but we'll execute them another time. Today, I'm taking Kate and Annika and we're having a girl's day. You guys can do whatever... boys do." She grimaces and drags me and Kate to the door.

"Wait no, that's not fair, come on..." Chase waves his hands in the air.

"Stop whining and figure something out. Ciao!" Kate waves and we leave Jonah's room. We walk downstairs and to the door.

"Girl's day?" I raise my eyebrow at Savvy.

"Mmm... More like 'try to get Annika out of trouble that she voluntarily threw herself in' day." She glares at me.

"Oof, I've had a lot of those." Kate nudges me.

"Ha ha, whatever. Let's do this." I say and go outside.

The weather is freakishly warm and sunny so we decide to go to the beach first. We run to my house so Kate and I can get our bathing suits and stuff and we head there right away. We stop and get iced coffees on the way and then sit down at the beach and try to come up with solutions as we tan. Savvy tells us everything. Her, Carrie, Jonah and Shawn went to the same High School. She tells us that she never liked Carrie and that Jonah was blinded by her manipulative bitch actions.

"She's like a tick. The bitch won't fucking leave." Kate rolls her eyes.

"Exactly. This is the first time she's ever volunteered giving up Melch on her own terms." Savvy taps her chin, looking into the distance.

"Doesn't that mean that she has something up her sleeve? I mean, if nothing can get rid of her, why would she offer Annika a race if she knew there was even a slight chance she'd lose?" Kate asks.

"Exactly. You have two choices here Annika. We can either get you out of it-"

"No." I interrupt her. "Jonah shouldn't have to deal with her. If this is the only way she'll give it up, I want that for him. I wanna do this for him." I interrupt Savvy.

Jonah has told me that he wants Carrie out of his life more than anything. Solutions are limited. There isn't really much legal action he can take against her, since it could cost him Melcher Drive. He can't sue her or get a restraining order either. Melch is an illegal business. Jonah's tough and he doesn't let anyone cross him, but there isn't much he can do when the opposition is a girl. He would never hit a girl or do anything that would cause her harm. He's pretty much stuck with her. If me racing her means she'll go away, I'm willing to do that not just for myself, but for him also.