Uneasy

Left To Right - Marteen

"Today was fun." I say as I take off my seatbelt.

"You mean tonight?" Jonah chuckles and checks his watch. It's almost 6 a.m.

"Well yeah. Thank you for this, honestly. I'm glad we worked everything out." I say and open the door. Jonah opens his and follows me out.

"See, I'm not so bad, right?" He raises his eyebrow. I tilt my head back and laugh.

"No, you're not bad." I smile as we walk to the porch.

"Are you sure Kate's awake?" Jonah looks the house up and down.

"Yes, her parents leave for work around 5. I asked her to leave the door open." I nod.

"Why don't you want to go back home?" Jonah asks and twists his phone between his fingers.

Slick.

"I didn't think we'd be out this long and my grandparents might be awake. I told them I was staying at Kate's." I look down. Jonah giggles.

"Gotcha." He bites his lower lip.

He needs to... not do that.

"Okay... I should head inside. I'm super tired." I nod. Jonah extends his arms out to me and I go in for a hug.

Damn it, this man with his smell! It's magical...

"Bye." He says as I pull away.

"Bye." I wave and turn around.

"Hey, Annika?!" He calls. I quickly turn around.

"Hm?"

"You're more than enough. Remember that, please." He winks and gets into his car.

As Jonah drives away, I can't help but smile. It's obvious he was implying to my eating disorder and even though it was only a few words, sometimes you just need to hear it, you know?

I slowly open Kate's door and walk in with tip-toes. I go up the long, glass stairs and search for her room at the end of the corridor. As I open the door, a huge white bed with white bedding is sitting in the middle of the room and I'm having trouble locating Kate. I go up to the bed and start tapping the huge blanket and all of a sudden a head pops out from the middle which makes me almost die.

"Holy shit, oh my god!" I yell and press my palm against my chest.

"The fuck do you want?" She slurs, still half asleep.

"I told you I was coming. Kate who sleeps like that? Where is your body?" I slide my fingers through my hair.

After a few growls and bad words, Kate finally positioned herself to the left side of the bed so I can lay on the right.

"Wow, you don't sleep naked anymore! I'm impressed." I sarcastically grin as I glance at her white bra and panties. I put my stuff on the nightstand and begin to take off my pants.

"It was cold." She mumbles in the pillow, her eyes still closed.

"Ah, so you put on a bra and underwear to keep you warm." I imply ironically as I take off the jacket Jonah gave me.

"You're annoyingly happy and it's literally six a.m. Did you get head or something?" She leans on her elbow and lets out a long yawn.

"No, not head. I did have a lot of fun with Jonah though." I blush at the mention of his name and slip my t-shirt over my head.

"Uh oh." She raises her eyebrow.

"I know, I know. You told me so." I mock her earlier words and jump into her bed with only a bra and underwear on.