I'm Here

How to save a Life - The Fray
U.N.I - Ed Sheeran

The drive to my house was silent. I'm weak from crying and Jonah didn't say anything about it, he just handed me a tissue. I have about 30 texts from Luke, all of them with horrible spelling since he's drunk, saying how sorry he is and how much he loves me. I also have a bunch of missed calls from Kate, Denis and Cole.

It's 2 a.m. I shut my phone off.

Jonah parks in front of my house and we sit there for a few seconds until he speaks up.

"I know this is against a lot of morals but I'm coming in, I can't leave you alone like this." He glances at my bleeding knuckle and my red face. I slowly nod. "Let me just park the car on my driveway." He says and moves the car a few feet forward.

We get out and he runs over to me, grabbing my waist.

"I'm not that drunk." I roll my eyes.

"I know, but just in case." He softly smiles.

We reach my door and I hand him my purse.

"My keys are in there somewhere. We have to be really quiet." I warn him and lean against the wall. He nods and takes the keys out of my purse, unlocking the door.

I take my heels off and slowly go upstairs as Jonah closes the door and follows me. He stops by the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I whisper at him.

"I know you drank on an empty stomach, you have to eat something." He says quietly, taking out a banana from the fridge.

"I don't want a banana." I whisper. He rolls his eyes and puts them back in. After about ten seconds he takes out a ham sandwich and closes the fridge slowly.

We go up the stairs, into my room and I throw my stuff on the floor as Jonah closes the door and turns the lights on.

"Too bright." I cover my eyes and he immediately shuts the light off. I click the switch on my lamp and half of the room turns a warm yellow color.

"Alright, you eat this." He throws the wrapped sandwich on the bed as I lay there on my stomach, holding my right hand up so I don't cover the sheets with my blood. "Where's the first aid kit?" He asks.

"The white door to your right, third drawer." I say softly and sit up. I finally unwrap the sandwich with my left hand since I can barely feel the right one and begin to eat.

"Okay, let me see." He says, kneeling in front of me. I hold out my hand to him and hiss when he touches it.

"Fuck." I whisper. A single tear strolls down my cheekbone.

"Jesus, how hard did you punch?" He chuckles, taking out alcohol wipes.

"Hard enough to make her pretty face even prettier." I say sarcastically and bite the sandwich.

"This is gonna sting a little." He cringes.

"My life stings already, I'll take it." I sigh and prepare myself for the pain.

Jonah presses the alcohol wipe on my ripped skin at my knuckles and I whimper in pain, tilting my head back.

"Just a little more, you got this." He encourages me as he cleans the wound with the wipes. Tears keep dripping down my face as I clench my jaw, keeping myself from screaming.

"Jesus fucking christ." I growl.

"Alright, that's it." He says, throwing the bloody wipes into a bin by my nightstand. He takes out a small bottle of Betadine and puts some of it on my knuckles with a q-tip. He then takes out a bandage and wraps it around my hand, covering the wounds.