And I Want You To Be Mine

Be Mine - Ofenbach

"Anastasia, your friends are here!" My grandmother yells from downstairs.

I pull over a white long sleeve, drop it over my shoulder and tuck it into my boyfriend jeans.

"Send em up." I yell back dramatically and look over at Kate.

"Look at you! The color's coming back on your cheeks. That's what I'm talking about." She says proudly, leans back on my bed and shoves a strawberry in her mouth.

I giggle and pull my hair into a loose pony-tail, shaking my head rapidly so the baby-hairs fall down.

"Jello everybody." Cole smiles as him, Denis and Bianca walk into my room.

Who invited this bitch?

"Haii." Kate grins at Denis who winks at her and sits down beside her.

"What's up?" Bianca says, sitting down on the floor by the window. Cole sits down next to her.

"Eeh." I shrug, laying down beside Kate and Denis.

You're probably wondering why Luke isn't here. We talked yesterday and he said he's not ready to be outed yet. To make this whole break-up thing more believable, we decided to "avoid" each other in front of our friends for a little bit. So far, everyone gets it and everyone's fine with it.

"When's Chase coming?" Denis asks.

"Oh he's already here." I say and I kid you not, Bianca turns green.

"Wh... what?" Her voice cracks. Kate hides her face in Denis's neck because she's laughing impulsively.

"Yeah." I say and smile, nudging Kate who's wheezing.

"There's a party tonight." Cole changes the subject, glaring at Bianca.

"Where?" Chase pops his head in through the door.

Bianca's about to pass out and so is Kate, except from laughter.

"Yoo." Cole and Denis smile and greet him.

"Hello hello." Chase smiles at both of them. He turns his attention over to Bianca. His smile fades for a second but he brings it back, acting cockier than ever.

That's my brother for ya.

"Hi." She almost whispers.

"Hey Bianca! What's up, love? How you been?" Chase leans in and hugs her. She's not moving, her eyes are wide open.

You know what they say?! Kill em with kindness.

"I'm gonna pass out." I hear Kate snort in Denis's neck.

"Shh." Denis strokes her shoulder, but him and I look at each other and chuckle as well.

"What party?" I hear another voice through the door and Jonah pops his head in. I cough and fix my hair, but try not to show that I'm affected by him being here.

"This guy from our class." Cole says.

"Laaame." Jonah furrows his eyebrows and leans up against my desk next to Chase.

"It's actually Alan Taschner's party." Denis says.

"Oooh, he throws the best parties ever." I clap my hands together. Jonah and Chase exchange a cocky smirk.

"Oh please, my grandmother's thanksgiving parties are more fun than his." Jonah says. I raise my eyebrow.

"You're kidding right? They're so intense." Kate beams.

"Pfft. Yall high schooler's are whack." Chase spits.

"You graduated two years ago, shut the fuck up." Kate points at him.

"Also, Chase, babe... no one uses 'whack' anymore." I nod at him and he sticks his tongue out, mocking my face expression.

"No but seriously, remember the flame thrower party?" Jonah giggles. Chase's eyes widen.

"Almost burned down the entire city bro." He laughs.

"Oh, and the one with the elephant." Jonah bursts into laughter and so does Chase.

"Yeehaw." He makes some kind of movement and they both throw their heads back, wheezing their asses off.

"What are you guys even talking about?" Kate asks, confused, just like the rest of us 'high school kids' in the room.

"We're saying that college parties are where it's at. There's one tomorrow. We can all go." Jonah proposes and we all look at each other and nod.

"Are you guys ready or no?" Cole breaks the silence, looking at Kate and I. We both nod and begin to get up.

"Where are you guys going?" Chase raises his eyebrow.

"Bowling. You guys wanna come or are you college kids too cool for that?" I mock Jonah and him and put my converse on.

"I'm down." Chase shrugs and looks at Jonah.

Jonah looks at me as if he's asking for my permission. After not getting a reaction from me, he nods, surprised.

"Yeah, bet." He says.

"We'll drive with my car so we don't have to cram into one. Jonah, Chase, you guys wanna come with Annika and I?" Kate asks them and they both nod.

We all go downstairs and get in our cars. Cole, Bianca and Denis get into Denis's car.

"Hey, I wanna lie down in the back and I don't feel like driving. Can you?" Kate hands me her keys and I nod.

"Shit, my sister's driving? Nuh, uh, I'm not getting in the front. That shit's too scary." Chase shakes his head and gets in the back with Kate. I roll my eyes and get in the driver's seat.

Jonah forcefully gets in next to me and puts his seatbelt on.

"Okay, gorgeous. Don't kill me." He whispers over to me when Chase is talking to Kate.

I glare at him, which makes him flinch and I start the car.

Shut your bipolar ass up. I think to myself and press the gas, following Denis's car.

"Woah, that's... that was a mailbox." Jonah grunts and shifts in his seat.

"Did I hit it?" I ask.

"No-"

"So what's the problem?" I ask, my voice coming out a little bitchy.

Jonah raises his hands in the air apologetically and gulps.

"This shit's too funny." I hear Chase chuckle in the backseat.

"Someone get the aux." I huff and put my sunglasses on.

I feel Jonah reach over and grab the chord, plugging his phone in.

"And I want you to be mine..." I hear a raspy voice through the speakers and an instant smirk spreads over my face.

"Yeah?" Jonah giggles and nods his head. I grin and start singing along to the song.

"What is this shit?" I hear Kate groan.

"Be Mine by Ofenbach." Jonah yells over the music.

"No, I meant, what is this SHIT? Play some rap!" Kate yells.

"Yeah, enough of the shady songs please." Chase backs up Kate.

Jonah and I glance at each other, grinning.

"Yall wanted to sit in the back, so sit in the back, shush and listen to some good music." I instruct and hear the both of them whine.

I press the gas a little more, increasing the speed.

"Too fast, don't you think?" Chase shouts.

"You scared?" I snap sarcastically and increase the speed even more. Jonah chuckles beside me and turns all the windows down.

This is what I'm talking about.