Support System

Stumblin' In - Suzi Quatro & Chris Norman
Changes - 2pac
Right Now - One Direction

"Morning dumbo." Kate barges into my patient room, her voice piercing through my brain.

"Please be louder." I throw sarcasm at her and roll my eyes.

"Cole, Denis and Luke are on their way." She says and puts more balloons on a small table in the corner.

I turn my head and look at Jonah, who's asleep in the chair next to my bed.

"He hasn't gone home since yesterday?" Kate asks.

"Nope. He's been spoon feeding me and brushing my hair. I'm starting to think he's gay too." I giggle and so does Kate.

"Or, he cares about you." She winks and I can't help but smile.

"I hope Chase isn't getting suspicious." I bite my lip.

"I doubt it. Your grandparents are too old to stay here overnight and someone had to drive them home. So Jonah offered to stay here with you." Kate shrugs.

"I guess." I roll my eyes.

"What happened?" I hear Jonah groan next to me, rubbing his eyes.

"You haven't showered in like 48 hours, that's what happened." Kate scrunches her nose.

"Sorry, I was busy helping Annika pee." Jonah rolls his eyes, still half asleep.

"Hey!" I nudge him and Kate laughs.

"How are you feeling?" Jonah leans into me, his voice raspy. His eyes are squinted, trying to block out the sun as much as he can. The light's making his hazel eyes even brighter, like honey mixed with freshly cut grass. His pink lips are pouted and a very light stubble is covering the bottom of his face.

"I feel fine. Thanks for staying with me." I smile at him.

"I'm all for the romantic bullshit but Jonah, you need a shower and maybe a shave." Kate grimaces, gesturing to Jonah's five o'clock shadow.

"Oh, you and your compliments, Katherine. You warm up my heart." Jonah presses his chest sarcastically.

"I think he looks great." I grin and pinch his cheek.

"I would too if I was heavily sedated." Kate rolls her eyes at me.

I give her the finger and return my gaze on Jonah. He rubs his face and lightly slaps himself a few times, eager to fully wake up.

"So who did you say is coming?" Jonah coughs, clearing his throat.

"Queen Elizabeth, Obama and of course, Dave Franco, cause yum." Kate claps.

"So funny I forgot to laugh." Jonah replies dryly and grabs a water bottle from a small table.

"Woah you're cranky." Kate huffs.

"I'm fucking hungry, that's what I am." Jonah stretches his arms side to side, cracking his back.

"There's some fruit over there on the table." I point to a small counter and he wobbles over there, scratching his stomach in the process. His shirt lifts up a little, revealing his abs and the top of his boxers that says Giorgio Armani on it.

"Denis is asking what kind of flowers you want." Kate looks at her phone and then at me.

"Black Pearl Amaryllis." Jonah says before I get the chance, popping a grape in his mouth. Kate and I both glance at him with our eyebrows raised. "What? They're her favorite." Jonah shrugs.