room mates

Request by dylanobrien30

Derek was a quiet guy, he liked the silence and he like being alone and he was perfectly fine with spending ninety percent of his life in his house without any human contact while he wrote his stories, his uncle Peter however didn't agree to this and for the past few weeks Derek's been growing frustrated by the noise that echo's from his front room because of his new room mate that Peter had dragged in against his will, Derek had woke up with a headache today and the usual loud noises, music and out of tune singing was growing on his nerves, he got up from his desk ripping the door open and shouted out probably the first words he'd spoken to the boy since he moved in "shut the hell up"

The noise completely halted and the boy stood there wide eyed, mouth agape "oh my god you spoke you actually spoke to me" Derek just scrawled as the boy seemed to take no notice on the irritation growing on the older mans face "wow I was really starting to think you were mute, never spoke a word to me, always stayed locked up in that room the only way I knew you existed was the empty plate you left after I feed you, almost like keeping an invisible pet"

Derek clenched his fist allowing a small growl of complaint escape "what the hell is wrong with you, you never shut up, I can't work in peace get out" the boy clamped his mouth shut staring up at Derek "get the fuck out" Derek screamed when he made no attempt to move

It didn't take long for the boy to scramble from his place and retreat from the apartment, and it didn't take him more the a day later to clear the house of his items, and it didn't take a week for Peter to find out Derek kicked the boy out "what did you do Derek?"

"I had enough, it's to much I told you I don't want a room mate and you got me one anyways, he was annoying and always loud the place was almost a dump sight" Derek folded his arms as if his argument was valid

Peter frowned at his nephew "right he made a little noise, are you sure there was mess all the time or just the times you actually left the room, you will miss" Peter said pointing a finger at Derek "you will see and when you want Stiles back good luck with getting him back"

"What the hell is a Stiles" Derek questioned with a frown

Peter glared back "you telling me that Stiles has been living here for 4 months and you didn't even know his name, I seriously thought he was joking when he said the first time you actually spoke to him was to kick him out"

Derek frowned offering Peter nothing more then a shrug and Peter left slamming the door behind him, Derek had to admit he hardly left his room and the times he had was when the hyperactive boy that had moved in was very actively awake doing a number of things at once, he stared at the door for a few moments before retreating back to the comfort of his room

A day went by and Derek had already missed the fact that food wasn't waiting for him outside his door at the usual times and had to go make him self something to eat before he forgot to feed himself like he had done plenty of times before, a week and Derek was noticing how irritable he was around the now empty and silent house, Derek noticed that the house was always clean and he was alone, he'd never felt alone before, after a month Derek couldn't handle being alone and couldn't even concentrate on his work as he sat on his bed with his head in his hands the day Peter came back worried about his nephew "Derek" peter called through the seemingly empty house, he had let out a sigh from the silent response before pushing Derek's door open and finding him on the bed his knees pulled to his chest "you miss him already"

"This is your fault" Derek mumbled against his arms keeping his face buried "I was fine having no one here, you ruined it"

Peter chuckled "I'll leave his address here, don't forget to eat"  peter shut the door leaving Stiles address on the table before leaving the house

Derek didn't go straight away it took him a week to work up the courage to leave his house to find the one scribbled on the address, he didn't know what to do once he got there turning around and heading back home and following the next three days doing the same, he found he liked the small walk after the third day at least until he was about to walk back home to come face to face with a confused looking 147pound human staring at him, Derek open and closed his mouth now finding the inability to speak before hanging his head in shame, "you look like a lost puppy like that" Derek glanced up at Stiles who simply waved his arm towards the house he was in "I'd invite you in but its rather loud and I know you don't like noises, what are you doing here anyways"

It was silent as Stiles rocked on his feet waiting for his answer as Derek look towards the house then back at Stiles who just opened his mouth to talk when Derek chose to spoke up "to get you back" Derek croaked out and Stiles mouth clamped shut again as the older shoved his hands in his pocket taking in the frown that etched onto his face "I want you to move back in"

"Not happening" Stiles announced finality in his tone as he stepped away from Derek and back towards the house he was currently staying in, Derek sighed Peter told him good luck at getting him back and he doesn't even know the start of it yet as he slumped back to his house defeated for today, for the on going week Derek showed up at the house to ask Stiles the same thing only getting a no each time, the next week he was greeted inside by Stiles house mate and his family as he waited for Stiles, it was indeed loud with the children running around and Scott trying to calm them down until they both had eventually slumped on the sofa together with their heads pressed up against Derek's thigh asleep, Derek's gaze snapping from the duo as the door went and Stiles came into his veiw "are you really not giving up" Derek shook his head "fine" Stiles mumbled walking up the stairs after 2 hours of Stiles arrival Derek had to leave again defeated that Stiles didn't return

The next day Stiles was packing a box into his jeep when Derek showed up "are you coming back" Derek asked and Stiles shook his head "what are you doing?"

"Moving" Stiles stated and frowned at Derek "I'm not moving back and you are going to keep bothering me here so I'm moving, again because of you"

Derek frowned "I just want you to move back" Stiles shook his head and in a moment the box in his hand had vanished and Derek was half way down the road with it, Stiles did nothing but gape as Derek disappeared from the sight of him, when Stiles arrived at Derek's the box that Derek had was empty and his things where in places in the room he once occupied, he grabbed the box and started to pack his stuff back in but while he did that Derek was taking the other bags and boxs into the living room, once he was done he shut the door and sat by it so when Stiles came out of his room with his box Derek was staring at him "stay"

"Move" Stiles shot back "I have to go before I'm late Derek" Derek however didn't respond and just sat their Stiles folded his arms and glared at the man "Derek" he groaned walking into the living room before gaping at the rest of his stuff being in there "what the hell is wrong with you"

"Nothing" Derek mumbled "I just want you to move back in"

"I said no" Stiles shouted storming back into his old room and slamming the door, Derek just stared at the door waiting for it to open again and it didn't, he knew he messed up and he didn't know how to fix it

A/n I have re written this 3 times and I'm Sorry I just cant get it to go where I want 😔 and this is as far as I got so I apologise for the unfinshedness of this one shot really not that happy with this one