Layla's dinner invite

I was sleeping, that's all I'm going to say, WAS!

"Der-bear" Layla screamed slapping both her hands onto my face "Der get up, or I will get Auntie Erica to wake you instead" she said with a pout

I groaned and roll over so she falls onto the bed next to me "what" I say giving her a friendly glare "why is Erica here?"

"She brought me home, cause we needed to come home fast, to get DerDer ready" she announced with a huge grin

I frowned my smile dropping "what have you done? ready for what?"

"Mr. Stiles is coming for lunch" I stare at her confused "my teacher Idiot"

My eyes widened as I stared at her "why is your teacher coming for dinner, did you do something naughty?"

She sat up and folded her arms "no just get up and get ready" she said kicking at me to get me off the bed, So I slowly rolled of the bed and yelped loudly so she thought she hurt me, "oh my god, DerDer" she squeaked peering over the bed with a worried look and I just grinned up at her, she leaned over to smack me but she couldn't reach with her short arms "Meanie pants!"

I chuckle and pull her off the bed into a cuddle "so why is your teacher coming?"

"You will see" she squealed as I tickled her then ran off after I let her go

I sigh and get up getting washed and dressed, I could smell the cooking and I frowned, Erica wasn't the best of cooks and I'm probably great full she hasn't burnt the place down yet, I walked down the stairs only it wasn't Erica who was there it was Stiles "I thought.... Hi?"

He looked over at me with a smile "I'm sorry I hope you don't mind, Erica was making a mess so I kinda took over"

I let out a laugh "oh god no it's fine, least I now have hope I won't get food poisoning" he chuckled and turned back to the food as I walked over "where did Erica go anyways?"

"She took Layla to hers I think, she said she will be back tomorrow, I think they set us up or something" he flashed me a grin "Layla invited me and Erica convinced me to come, I didn't think it would be fair to leave you without dinner so I continued cooking"

"It smells good" I said poking my finger into the pasta sauce "Taste good to"

He chuckled "isn't that hot?" I shrugged and he slapped my hand as I went to do it again "stop it I'm not finished"

I smiled and leaned on the counter watching him cook as he worked his way around the kitchen surprisingly easily "you cook a lot" he nodded putting two plates on the counter "a good cook and teacher" I hum

I could see the tint of pink that flushed his cheeks as he put the Pasta onto the plates before pouring sauce over it "I just like to cook, I'm not that good, and I like teaching well preschoolers I don't think I could handle teens"

I chuckled and took the two plates as he put the pan down heading to the dining room room, I raised an eyebrow at the set up "yeah they set us up" Stiles walked in behind me and chuckled at I placed the plates in the clothed part of the table, I shook my head there was a vase and a fake flower in the middle and a small candle, I let out a small laugh as I lit the candle before turning the light off "might as well give them what they planned they will know if we run away, don't ask me how because I don't even know"

He chuckled and shook his head taking his seat as I sit opposite him "so a date?" Stiles asked, I tensed up and took in my surroundings rubbing my forehead "it doesn't have to be a date, just Dinner, you know we share friends, it be good to get to know each other"

I let out a breath and shook my head "a... A date is fine" I looked up to see the blush on his cheeks an unsure look on his face "A date is fine" I said again hopefully to give him some reassurance which he happily smiled about

It was a tiny bit awkward after agreeing to a date, but we pulled through eventually after we both found an interesting conversation about one of the starwars movies, it was really smooth sailing from there and I really enjoyed his company, it was getting late when he let out a defeated sigh "I have lessons to teach tomorrow I should go"

I couldn't help the disappointed feeling that clung to my chest but I gave him a smile and nodded in understanding, I get up and walk him to the door and just as we reach Erica is walking in with Layla and I fold my arms trying to look mad them "what are you both doing?"

Erica let out a nervous laugh "nothing we just had something to do and lost track of time" I could hear Stiles chuckling behind me

"Did you have fun was dinner ok, I hope it was Ok I told Auntie Erica that she shouldn't cook but she tried anyways" Layla blurted out

I couldn't help the chuckle she always knew I couldn't be angry with her "I saved it all" Stiles said picking Layla up as she jumped at him for a hug "it might not have been it I was any later"

"Hey! I'm not that bad" me and Stiles both gave her a disagreeing look "fine ok I don't cook it's not my fault" she pouted "Boyd does all the cooking"

We laughed and Stiles spun Layla around before placing her down next to me "I have to go but I'll see you at school tomorrow" he smiled and poked her nose before standing and looking at me with that adorable smile "I had fun, thank you for having me"

"Anytime" I smiled back "just maybe a little more warning next time" I said glaring towards Erica, she chuckled and waved before darting back out he door and skipping off to her car

Stiles waved as he slowly made his way to his jeep, he seemed really reluctant to going me and Layla stood by the door waving him off "when can my teacher come to dinner again"

I picked her up and watched as his jeep went out of sight "why don't you ask him that tomorrow?" I smiled heading back in and shutting the door before taking Layla to bed