Return of the pack human

Derek was loosing his cool, it been happening more frequently then usual and the rest of his pack didn't know what to do, they searched everywhere looking for the one person that kept the pack sane and crazy all at the same time, the pack mum and the unknown to him the Alphas mate, for the past three years Derek hasn't gave up searching for him, he knows in his gut Stiles is still alive, that their bond is still there even if it had never been fully established.

Over the years the packs have had their moments pointing their finger and blaming someone to even blaming themselves, everyone went through those stages and passed them still concentrating on trying their hardest to find Stiles and today was the 3rd year the boy went missing, and in that time Derek has took it on himself to look after Stiles dad, a man in complete despair that he doesn't know where his only child is, he's already lost his wife and his little boy was all he had left, he knows he's done wrong to Stiles in the past but over the years has been trying his hardest to make up to the boy and follow the diet he's been given, much less there was a frowning young adult that kept a stern eye on him so he didn't have much choice but to eat his rabbit food.

When the knock came at the loft door everyone froze at the familiar but not scent that hit their noses as Derek rushed to open it, but what was their wasn't the boy he had hoped but a young girl holding a note, tears full in her eyes as she stood with the paper crumpled in her hand, Derek stared at the honey brown eyes that was filled with tears as she held the note closer "Lydia, Erica" Derek didn't know what to do so called the two girls of his pack to come and they sped over faster then Derek had ever seen the pair move

Lydia pushed Derek back as Erica crouched down in front of the little girl "hello there, what's your name" instead of speaking the little girl held out the piece of paper, her little hand shaking as she pointed to Derek moving it away from Erica as she goes to take it "is that for Derek" the little girl nodded and sniffled and Derek stepped foward to take the paper from her, as Derek looked at the paper the little girl ran over to Derek and clung onto his leg "she's cute"

"She's stiles" Derek stated staring stunned at the piece of paper the girl had that is currently clinging to him "the note says" '

Derek don't be mad at me, I was on my way to you when I got taken, my stupid jeep broke down well at least I thought it did but obviously it was some stupid ambush they think I'm special they call me the boy who runs with wolves, anyways this little girl is Claudia Talia Stilinski, well Hale if you willing to adopt her to, she's my daughter, a lot happened that I don't wanna talk about on paper, I'll be back soon look after her till I come back I could only get her out at the time, be safe sour wolf and I hope to god she makes it to you, please look after her' the pack looked up at Derek as he continues, his hand stroking through the little girls hair as she stuck by him as he continues 'I'll be home soon, also dad you better of kept your diet, and Jackson you better not be bullying my baby Isaac, Scott I wanna hear about your little date I know you went on, and Erica you better be married to Boyd or at least dating' everyone let out a chuckle as Erica and Boyd stood blushing, 'and sour wolf, don't you do that frowny face at my daughter also, she's a werewolf'

Derek looked down at her "Claudia" she looked up at Derek "where's your papa" she just sniffed and clung onto Derek tighter not answering the man so Derek picked her up and took her to the kitchen to see if she was hungry, after eating he tucked her into bed.

This late night visitor became the spark of new hope for the pack that they will see their pack human again, and the honey brown eyes of the young girl always reminded Derek of Stiles eyes,and her clumsiness sure had the pack remembering just how clumsy Stiles is.

A few more months went by with Derek not leaving this little girl alone, he even introduced her to her grandad Noah and refused to have anyone baby sit, everyone knew why, everyone knew she was the closest thing to his mate and her scent mixed well with her fathers, and they also learnt this little girl can ramble for hours about batman but would fall silent for hours if ever asked about where she came from and how she got here

By the 6th month everyone everyone   was beginning to worry that Stiles might be in trouble for getting his daughter to safety until a pack movie night was disturbed, Derek and Claudia's head snapped towards the door and up from their seats before the knock was even made, it wasn't even a second after the knock was Derek yanking the door open and colliding into the fragile human the other side with one little girl joining the small huddle on the floor "hey there sourwolf" the boy croaked, almost foreign to the wolves around "missed you to buddy" Stiles said pulling Claudia into his lap as Derek let him sit up "did the broody wolf do the broody face" he asked farrowing his eyebrows the best he can

Claudia giggled "dada no brood, show me to grandpa and let me talk about batman and food" stiles stared wide eyed up to Derek as Claudia rambled, who just smiled in return the rest of the pack behind Derek inside the loft trying to decide if what they see is real

"You're home" Derek said almost as if those words felt like something that shouldn't be there "I missed you" Stiles smile only grew larger at the mans words as he held tight to his daughter

"I missed you to Der, now can I come inside" Derek nodded quickly getting up and helping Stiles to his feet Claudia still in the boys arms, Derek wanting everything to interrogate the boy and get the people who took stiles but he also just wanted Stiles right now, Stiles stuck close to Derek much to Claudia's request that her dada and daddy was always in reach, Stiles had no complaint and Derek was more then happy to stay by the boys side, and they listened as Stiles took a deep breath and Derek knew he didn't need to ask details because Stiles let it all out in that moment from what he was doing that day to how he ended up back home.

Claudia had fallen asleep by the time Stiles had finished talking, she was one brave pup for someone who was barely 2 years old and Derek just thought how bright she was for such a young girl and smiled softly at Stiles being next to him, after Stiles had let out a large yawn and the food had been demolished the pack had made somewhat of a little pile of werewolves not wanting to leave their mother.

Derek had stayed close to Stiles the whole time as he looked around his pack, glad they are all back together again, he glanced at Stiles who seemed to be asleep holding onto the young girl hed grown close to these last few months and let a small smile grace his lips "I know Derek" Stiles whispered softly, his eyes opening to Derek's confused expression "I was coming to confess that I knew about being mates that day" Derek said nothing his eyes glancing down slightly ashamed that he couldn't save his mate "I always knew I wanted to know if you wanted me, but I couldn't wait anymore, I just needed to know if what I felt for you was real and not me just reading way to much into it, me being taken wasn't your fault either Der"

Derek frowned at Stiles words, he knows it isn't his fault but it doesn't make it any easier to say it to himself that he wasn't able to protect his mate, Stiles hand slid into Derek's clenched first causing him to loosen his grip, Derek watched as he tangles his fingers gently with Stiles "I know" his voice came out broken, "but knowing doesn't make it easier" Stiles squeezed his hand gently to urge him to keep talking "it hurt to know I didn't protect the one person that meant the world to me, again.... I almost lost you Stiles.... I did loose you.... I can't, not again" his voice cracked at the end and at this point Derek was glad everyone was asleep his head still cast down as he tried to not let his emotions over take him

Stiles grip tightened "Der..." Derek panicked slightly when Stiles let his hand go but soon relaxed into the hand that cupped the side of his face as it wiped the stray tears away "I'm home, and we can get those people back for what they did, you won't lose me again"

Derek lifted his head resting his hand over Stiles as he looked up to him "I love you Stiles" although his voice was broken he looked at Stiles holding the boys hand against his face

"I love you to" Stiles smiled at the man gently stroking his thumb against his stubbled cheek "I'm glad I'm home"