the Alpha and his collar

Derek groaned as he pulled up to the loft, he knew his pack was there and it was the least thing he wanted right now, he just wanted some time for himself but he clearly wasn't going to get that, he could tell they all were here, he got upstairs and glanced around at them all clearly made themselves comfortable around the couch and TV "where's Stiles" he questioned, he could small him but not see him

Lydia waved her hand before speaking "just putting your books away they where all over the place" Derek frowned "where?" Lydia paused the movie and looked at Derek "everywhere so he went to your room to put them away, can we watch the movie now"

Derek growled and quickly ran up the stairs freezing as he got to his bedroom door as Stiles looked up at him with a gaping look holding something in his hand "I'd ask if you have a dog if I wasn't here more often" Derek couldn't help the blush that rose in his cheeks as he stared back at Stiles and the object in his hand, Stiles turned it around to look at the lable on it "plus it says Derek on the tag, which tell's me it's yours" At the mention of his name he snapped out of his little trance to step into his room and shut the door "why do you have a dog collar?"

Derek scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat "you are not suppose to come in my room, I don't have to answer anything, and this is my personal space, no one should be in here" Derek walked over to Stiles taking the collar off him "get out"

Stiles stared at Derek till the man growled at him and he quickly left the room, everyone was glued to the TV so Stiles just got comfy with them, this time however he noticed the agitated look on Derek when he came in and joined the pack, the look that said he wanted everyone to leave but he wasn't going to make them,

two more episodes went on before Stiles turned off the TV "let's go home" surprising no one actually complained they all stretched and nodded with a few mumbles of agreements before they all slowly got from their resting place to leave, Scott looked at Stiles "you coming, still need a ride home?"

Stiles shook his head "no I'll find my own way going to make Mr grumpy some tea first" Scott nodded and left and Stiles turned his attention attention to Derek who had just gotten up and headed for the stairs "where are you going?"

Derek froze for a moment "my room" he spoke without turning around and rushed up the stairs so Stiles followed after him, he watched from Derek's door way to watch him put on the collar and take his shirt off "you put it on to be a wolf?"

Derek sighed and looked at Stiles "no, I find comfort in it, can you leave" when Stiles didn't move Derek folded his arms and glared at the boy "what is it that you want, go home"

Stiles shook his head as he continued to stare at Derek curiously "it suits you" he said as he eyed up the collar around Derek's neck, Derek didn't move as Stiles got closer watching the boys movement Stiles went to the bed and picked up the leash, a grin spread across his lips "does Derek want to go walkies" Stiles was amused by his own dog joke and Derek shifted on his spot as his eyes flashed briefly wiping the grin from Stiles face at how serious Derek was being right now "oh... you really do" Derek was just staring at the leash in Stiles hands, Stiles admitted to himself that he really didn't know what to do but Derek has also made him curious, he took the few steps he needed and hooked the leash to the collar Derek was wearing "do you want to be your wolf" Stiles said softly and Derek just nodded taking a deep breath and closing his eyes "can you please leave!?"

Stiles let the leash slip from his fingers watching Derek "I'll wait outside" he said softly before leaving Derek's room and heading downstairs, Derek paced his room for a while running his hand through his hair, he's been pretty sure that the fact he enjoys wearing a collar was weird and he didn't need to give Stiles more of a reason for dog jokes, but he felt some sort of calmness wearing it, sort of felt grounded by the feel of it around his neck and he strangely felt free, "what's the worst that can happen" he mumbled to himself "it's Stiles he's not going to do anything" he rolled his eyes at his own inner turmoil "it's  worse because it's Stiles" he growled softly but after a few more moments he thought fuck it and shifted to his wolf form, the leash hanging from the collar around his neck as he made his way downstairs with his ears pinned back.