The Calm

"Hector." I said, almost a whisper. "You do remember, Niña." Hector said and I stared at him. He should be dead. He took a step closer and we both stepped back. "I'm not dead, Niña. stop thinking that." Hector said. I quickly covered my forehead and he shook his head. "You can't do that forever. That el bocado on your left hip would change things." He said and I grabbed my pants. I pulled my pants and underwear away from my hip and saw it. "The one place they wouldn't look." Hector and I both said. I let my clothes go and I stared back up at Hector. I covered my forehead again. "How long do you think that will--" "Stay back."Tommy said over Hector. Hector walked closer to us. Tommy took a shot, but it missed. It never misses. Hector moved closer to us and swiftly took the gun from Tommy. "Kids shouldn't play with guns." Hector said, pointing it at us.

"Now, you two are going to go as I say." Hector said. I kept my hand over my forehead as we both stood there. Tommy went to move, but Hector held the gun higher. "Move again and I'll make sure you never see your child." Hector said to him. I grabbed Tommy with both my arms and held him back. I slowly reached down to my right hip and held my hand there. "Why are you doing this?" I asked. "This world is dead." Hector said as I grabbed my binoculars. "Why me?" I asked. "Not just you, Niña." He said back. I unlooped them as I kept staring at him. "So, my unborn child is nothing more than John Connor?" I asked him. Hector just stared at me, giving me an answer. "Who's John Connor?" Tommy asked, turning to me. Hector's finger moved closer to the tigger. I throw my binoculars at Hector and his head bent back from impact. There was a ringing and I pulled Tommy down. There was a sound and I looked up to see a bullet hole in the wall behind us.

"You really think that will stop me?" Hector asked and I turned to face him. Blood dripped from his forehead as he stared at us. I walked closer to him, fighting Tommy on it. "Why? And don't give me that bullshit." I said to him. "Would Warren like to--" "Tell me." I said, over him. "Tell me, why you changed. Tell me, why you're not dead, like everyone said. And tell me why you're doing this?" I asked him. "You're not going to get me to monologue, Niña." He said to me. I quickly kicked his foot from under him and he fell to the ground. I placed my foot on his chest and stared down at me. "Tell me." I said, loudly. "Humans have had their change." He said. "Humanalty makes them all weak." He said to me. "You turned into the one thing you never wanted to." I whispered. He pushed my leg off him and I tripped back. I heard running as I was grabbed by my long hair. I knew I should have cut it. "You really should have." Hector said in my ear. "Take another step, I dear you." Hector said to Tommy. "I tell you again, Niña. Do you really think this will stop me?" He asked.

"No, but this will." Hector turned around, only to get a hard crack of Sarge's wip. I was tossed to the ground. I quickly looked up. Hector moved his hand and Sarge lashed the gun out of his grip. Hector moved his other hand and grabbed Sarge by the throat. Tommy walked down to Hector as Hector held her high. Tommy impaled Hector in the back with his antler. "The antler could also hold a slingshot. The tips are pretty sharp, could be made sharper." Ayalla said. Sharper? That could hurt. Hector groaned in pain. Hector turned and pulled himself off Tommy's antler. He started to fall to the ground and I quickly grabbed the gun before Hector could. I pointed it at him as he looked up at me. "I'm sorry Hector." I said as he stared up at me. "Do it, Niña." He groaned out. "I give you mercy." I said and pulled the trigger. His eyes closed as I stared down at him.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to my husband. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded at him and handed him his hand gun back. I slowly turned to Sarge, she was just laying there. We both ran up to her and I got down on hands and knees. "Sarge?" I asked, shaking her. I heard her sturr, but there was a sound much louder. I turned to the door and the chair was broken. Those legs were looser than I thought. "Sragenet Lily, get up right now." I said, pulling her up. She opened her eyes and stared at me. "Come on." I said. "They're coming." Tommy said. "Their talkers." I muttered. The door opened and they all looked at us. "They don't look like talkers." Sarge said, hanging off my shoulder. Her voice was horse and it only made secen. "They killed him." I heard as I stared at them. "Easy." I said, trying to calm them down. "Tommy, take Sarge." I said and he quickly took her from me. I walked closer to the talkers and I stared at them. "He was going to kill us, all of us." I said and they stared at me.

"Jean." I heard. "He was going to start a war with us." I pointed out and they just kept staring at me. One of the talkers walked up to me and I stared at him. "Back up." I heard and I saw that blonde mop. Hall stood there and grabbed the talker. "Don't fight me." Hall said and I stared at him. "Get off him." I said, trying to pull them apart. The other talkers started to move closer. "Hall, get off him. Let him go." I said loudly. I kept trying as they kept fighting. The talkers were started to soworm Hall and I. "He didn't do anything." I said. Hall didn't stop and I grabbed his arm tightly. "Stop it." I said loudly. "Jean." I felt arms around me, pulling me out of the circle. "Hall, Let Him Go!" I yelled, but he didn't hear me. I quickly looked around and grabbed Tommy's handgun. I held it to the sky and fired. The talkers scattered and Tommy let me go. I ran up to hall, who was now on the ground. "What were you thinking?" I asked him. "I had to right the wrong." He said.

"The war isn't going to--" "The talkers haven't changed back." He said over me. "What?" I asked. "Everywhere, they're acting like an organised army." Hall told me. "The others do they know?" Tommy asked. "They have to." Hall said. "You mean you don't know?" Sarge asked. She was standing on her own now. "What are we going to do?" I asked, looking around. "Find the others, they'll know what to do." Hall said. "There is another idea." Sarge said, looking at the building. I stared at it for a moment, before I looked back at her. "No, Sarge. We can't." I said. "What?" Hall asked. "Jean, this could be the only way." Tommy told me. "We can't just change them back. What if it kills them?" I asked. "If we don't we might have to end up doing just that." Hall said. I looked at everyone and sighed. Look at the mess you made. I pulled my hair back and sighed. "Alright. But how are we going to do this?" I asked. "Well there is one way." Sarge said.

~~~~~~~~

"This is crazy." I said as we ran down the hall. "It's the only way." Sarge said. We kept running and we looked silly. Needles strapped around our chests as we ran. "There they are." Hall said. Tommy held his antler up with the band attached. "Get them anywhere, but the head." Sarge said. I stood there and watched as they let loose the needles. The talkers turned and stared. "I'm out." Hall said. Most of his were on the floor. The talkers that get injected, fell to their knees or leaned onto something. The talkers that didn't get injected started to walk closer to us as Sarge and Tommy ran out. I grabbed the needles on my chest and pulled the caps off. I ran at the talkers and started to stab them. They started to fall to the ground. I went on my knees and grabbed the needles that had fallen. I stabbed them in the knees as I slid.

I slowly stood up and looked around. "Show off." Hall and Sarge said and I stood up. "And they say I'm the show off." Tommy said, walking over to me. Smiled at them as I heard running. We all turned to see George, Warren, Doc and Murphy standing there. "What the hell happened here?" Warren asked. "You didn't kill them, did you?" George asked. "No. We had to cure them." I said and they all looked at me. "What?" Murphy asked. "It was the only way." Sarge said. "They wouldn't stop, after we dealt with Hector." I said, shoving my chest strap into Murphy. "Where are you going?" Hall asked. "To deal with the rest of them." I said, turning the corner. "What?" Doc asked. "The war is still out there." I said. "And how do you know that?" Murphy yelled as I pulled out my knife. "Cause he bit her." Tommy said, before they ran after me.  

A/N: Hey guys, guess what. We hit 32K readers. that's so crazy and the first part has 2.9K readers. Mind blown. love you guys, rock on.