Escape from Altura

A/N: Ok so you may or not hate me in this chapter.... 

~~Jean~~

~~Jean~~

I stared up at Tommy for a moment as we sat there on the grass. "Look at--" there was a huge exposition. We both turned and stared back at the building. "Warren." "Doc." We both said. I got up and started running back to the building. "Jean.... Jean!" Tommy yelled at me. I was getting closer before I fell to the ground. There was another exposition and I was covered. I turned to face Tommy and he stared down at me. "Are you ok?" He asked. I nodded up at him. "We have to--" I heard a scream and we both turned. "We should--" "Yep." Tommy got up and I quickly took his hand. We both ran back to the market. Tommy grabbed his gun off his shoulder and sighed. I took the gun I was given as we stopped. There was a lady running away from a Z. She got pinned and I tired to take the shot. I missed. I watched as the Z fell and I turned to Tommy. "Eight thousand two hundred and four." He said.The lady nodded at us before running off. I dug into my boot and pulled out my knife. "Take it." I said to him. "Knew that would happen." He said, before taking the gun.

"10K! Jean!" We both turned. "Sarge." I said and smiled. She's save, that's one. "What happened?" Tommy asked. A Z ran at us and Tommy shot it. "Eight thousand two hundred and five." He added. "Explosion in the Congress Hall. They think a bomb." Sarge said and I turned to her. "What?" I asked. A Z ran at me and got to me. I pushed it off and stood on top of its chest. "Bomb?" Tommy asked. Sarge shot the Z under my feet and I moved my foot. "What happened to Hall?" I asked. "He took off." Sarge said. "Where did all these zombies come from?" Tommy asked and I knocked a Z down. "I was starting to like it here." Sarge said, taking the shot. There was a loud alarm and I looked around. "Lock down. Let's--" 'What the hell is that? Lockdown sirens? Oh no, not getting in the middle of that. I'm leaving goodbye. Nope! Bad things happen to those who wait. Good luck on your science experiment, Mister Wizard. I hope you get an A+.' I heard Murphy in my head again.

I blinked and I looked around. "Murphy's running away." I said and Tommy and Sarge turned to me. "What?" Sarge asked. "Murphy's running away right now." I said. "Jean." Tommy said and I looked at him. "He's scared." I said and Tommy just kept looking down at me. "You're shaking." He said to me and I looked down at my hands. Tommy took hold of my hands and my hands stopped. I swallowed before I looked up at him again. "If he running away--" "It could look bad." Sarge added and we both turned to her. Tommy let out a long sigh as I kept looking up at him. "You know what has to happen." I said slowly. "Murphy whisperer." he muttered. "Murphy Whisperer, is that a title or a full time job?" Sarge asked. "Go." Tommy said and I stared at him. "No, I'm not--" "Jean go, stop him." Tommy said over me. His hands slipped through mine. "It's ok Jean. Go." Tommy told me. "We'll meet up with you when we can." Sarge told me. I nodded and quickly ran to the lab.

I ran down a pathway and saw a soldier. He was standing there looking around. Someone came around the other end and it was Murphy. "Hold it. Don't move." He said to Murphy. Murphy stopped and I ran behind a tree. "You're red." I heard and I looked over at them. "Shit." I muttered. "And?" Murphy asked. "I'm gonna need a pulse." The soldier said. "Yeah. Yeah, sure. Yeah. One red hot pulse coming up." Murphy said. I watched as Murphy punched the soldier and the poor guy fell. "That alive enough for you, punk?" Murphy asked. "Well that works." I said and Murphy jumped. "What the hell kid?" he asked. "You're running away." I said to him. "Who told you that?" He asked me. "You did." I told him. "Damnit." He muttered. "You shouldn't run away. It'll make you look more guilty." I told him. He bent down and took the jacket off the soldier. "Oh ya and what does Wonder boy eight thousand think?" Murphy asked. "He told me to stop you. I think he's started to like you." I told him. "Of cause he would. I'm the one who told him to marry you." Murphy said and I blinked at him. I stared at him as he put the coat on. "Did I spoil it?" He asked me. I pulled the chain out and showed him the rings. "Not this time." I told him.