Welcome to the Newpocalypese

"I don't understand why you painted Doc. I could have walked out there, without the paint and do the same thing." I said as my left leg hung down from the branch I was sitting on. I waited for Doc to come back, we all were. "Cause, you could have gotten shot." Sarge said and I looked down at her. "Doc, going to get shot with that paint on." I pointed out. "Doc going to notice a gun getting pointed at him and say something." Murphy said back to me. "Are you saying I wouldn't?" I asked he looked up at me. "Yes." Sarge and Murphy said up to me. "You guys are mean." I said, down to them. "Love you." They both said, holding up their hands to make hearts. "Ya ok." I muttered, looking back at the pathway. "Someone cranky." Murphy said. "Shut up Murphy." Tommy said back to him. I pulled out my binoculars and kept watch. "Shut up." I said to both of them. "Ha, you just got told to--" "Murphy zip it something coming." I said and I put my binoculars back down. I stood up in the tree and watched as someone came into view.

I looked down to see Tommy get up off the ground and pointed his gun. "No! Don't, it's Doc." I said loudly and Tommy dropped his gun down. "That's your best makeup yet." Tommy said to him. "Yeah, well tell that to the Artiste." Doc said. "No, don't give him another name." I said down to them. "Oh, yeah. Say my name. Say my name." Murphy said, walking back up. "God dammit." I said. "Yes?" Murphy said up to me. I rolled my eyes at her and he turned back to Tommy. "You know, I am particularly happy with the purple potato dye. It really captures Doc's purification." Murphy said. "Yeah, well this better come off." Doc said, trying to rub it off. There was snarling and I looked up to see a Zs. "Duck!" Murphy yelled, pulling his gun out. It was still hard to get him those bullets. They all took shots as I tried not to fall out of the tree. "No." One of the Z's yelled.

"Have mercy. Did that zombie just say no?" Murphy asked. "No." Tommy said. "No, you heard him say no?" Murphy asked. "No, I didn't hear anything." Tommy said to him. "No, no, I heard it." Sarge said. "You heard it?" Murphy asked sarge and he looked up at me. "And I know you heard it." Murphy said up to me. I shrugged at him and Tommy wasn't happy. "Murphy." Tommy said. "I can't help it she's loud." Murphy said to Tommy. "I'm loud?" I asked, looking down at them. "You're loud cause you're close." Murphy said up to me. "Oh, you want me leave?" I asked him. "No." He said back to me. "Did you hear that No 10k?" Sarge asked Tommy. "Sarge." I said, laughing. "She's going to--" I slipped from the branch and hit the ground or I should have. I hung onto the brunch I slipped from and I looked at Murphy. He looked away from me and I looked down. I felt hands on my waist and I smiled at Tommy.

I let go of the branch and Tommy sent me the ground. I smiled up at him as my hands were on him chest. "Love birds, I need Melanie Martinez over here." Murphy said. "Who?" Tommy asked. I smiled as I looked down at my feet, hiding my laughter. I turned and walked over to Murphy. "Well there's another one for her." I heard Sarge say. I looked down at the body and saw the skin coming off. I looked up at Murphy and nodded. "Well, at least he wasn't a living human. That's good." Murphy said as I got up. "I don't know, man. It's getting harder to tell." Doc said and Tommy walked up to us. "Is that the last of them?" He asked, looking down at the Z. "For now." Doc said and I sighed. This life it never easy. "You're telling me." Murphy said to me. I looked up at him and gave him the stink eye. "You folks can come out now!" Sarge yelled and I turned to look back at the others.

"How's everybody doing? You okay?" Doc asked. "No. My tailbone's on fire from sleeping on the the cold ground.And I'm pretty sure I got the shingles!" Granny yelled and I looked away from her. "How bout you? How's the prostate?" She asked Doc and I dropped my head. "Uh, none of your beeswax. Thanks for asking." Doc said back. "Oh hey, are you hungry? Can we get her some food and water?" Doc asked and one of the survivors throw a water bottle at Tommy. Tommy caught it and hand it to the girl. "Great. One more mouth to feed." Murphy said and I was about to hit him, when he caught my wrist. "Ya ya, I'll try." he said and dropped my hand away from him. "Stop. Listening. To. My. Thoughts." I said up to him. " I can't help it." He said back to me.