Mt. Weather

"This is it. Mount Weather. If Kaya's right, the president is still here." Warren said and I turned to face her. "Trespassers will be shot." Doc read and I looked down at the side. "Isn't what's left of the US government in Newmerica by now?" Murphy asked and I hit him. He looked at me and I just stared up at him. "Mount Weather's a continuity of government site. So this'll be the last place they evacuate." Warren told us. "We were still getting orders out of here." Sarge said and I turned to face her. "Back when we were still getting orders." She added. "Continuity of government. Don't you love it? During a nuclear war, the entire US government gets relocated to a secure underground facility. The rest of us get blown to smithereens." Doc said and I looked up at him. "Great idea for a nuclear holocaust. For a zombie apocalypse, not so much." Murphy said and I turned back to the Z. "Well, we're close. Keep your eyes open for anything living." Warren said before she started to walk off. I started to follow after them, before a gunshot when off. I turned to Sarge and saw the blood everywhere.

"There it is. We can get to the door this way." Warren said and I ran down the pathway before them. "Looks like we got vehicles up ahead." I heard Tommy say. "This must be the motorcade Citizen Z saw from the satellite." Warren said. "Looks like the president couldn't make it inside." Doc said. "Big ass doors don't do much good if you're on the wrong side of them." Murphy said. "Might be an easy day today." I muttered. "With Warren, I don't think so." Murphy said to me. I watched as Tommy and Sarge cheeked the trucks. "Why do you think so?" I asked Murphy. "Because everything happens to us." Murphy pointed out. "Mostly because of you." I said to him. "True." I heard him say, but his lips weren't moving. "Can you not do that?" I asked him. He looked down at me and frowned. "Sorry." He told me.

"I see bodies." I heard and I looked up. "Yeah, but whose? Watch out for president zombie." Warren said and I followed after them. Tommy opened the door and Z came out. "Secret service." he said and I looked over at him. "Secret service here too." Sarge said as Tommy shot the Z. He walked over to the other side and shot the Z. "Mad Zs?" I asked. "Nah, oldschool." Tommy said back to me. "Is this the president?" Warren asked. "Sort of. But all the good parts are gone. No thumb on this hand. There's no hand on this hand." I heard and I sighed. Just great. "Eaten by your own secret service detail. That's some messed up shit." Murphy said. "Well, chief. We got a president with no thumbs." Doc said. "Great, now we can't change the codes. Just great." I said, looking up at the sky. If there a boat up there, I'll shoot it myself. "When did she became a glass half empty person?" I heard Sage ask. "I know why." I heard Tommy said and I turned to face them.

"Now what?" Doc asked. "We go inside." Warren told him. "We go inside? Why? The president's dead. The kids right, we can't change the launch codes." Murphy said and I looked at him. I stuck my tongue out at him and he shook his at me. "Fuh-goat-us? What the hell's that?" Murphy asked and it hit me. "First Gentleman of the United States." I said, happily. "This isn't the president. This is the president's husband. That means the president could still be in there." Warren said, looking at the doors. She walked up to them and we all followed after her. "Well those are... big." Murphy said. "I'm sure they're locked." Doc added. "Not for long." Warren said, before she put the card in the scanner. There was nothing and I blinked. There was still nothing, but a beeping sound. "Damn." Warren said. "What's wrong?" Murphy asked. "There's a retina scanner. He needs to look into the scanner while you swipe the card." Sarge said.

"Or at least his eyeball does." Doc said. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Warren asked. "Yep." Doc said. "We're going to need a really big ice cream scoop." I said. "Eww." Murphy said before looking at me. "Eww." He said to me, before he lightly hit me. I just shrugged at him as he made a face at me. "Like you haven't done worse." I said to him. "Got it?" Warren asked. I turned to see Doc running back our way. "Let's do this quick. This is really nasty." Doc said, running up to Warren. "Ready?" Warren asked. "Okay. Go." Doc said and he put the eye up to the scanner. It beeped again and I sighed. "Damnit." Warren said. "Oh, I got to remove the zombie cataract." Doc said. "Ugh, okay. All right." Murphy said as Doc pulled at the eyes. "Okay, okay." I heard Doc say. "Go." Doc added and looked at Warren. Before the door opened.