All Good Things Must Come to an End

I stared at Murphy as he throw on his 'outfit' which was more of a costume. "You look great Granny." I said to him and rolled his eyes. "Come on Granny, smile." I said to him and shook his head. I looked over to see everyone was looking at me. "We don't know who's listening to us." I whispered and they nodded. "That's right Granny, things will get better, so smile." Doc said and Murphy sighed at us. "I hate you all." Murphy said. I rolled my eyes as I stared back at the building. "What is taking so long?" Murphy asked and I shrugged at him. "I hope it's not another top secret underground lab. That last elevator made me nauseous for a week." Doc said. "Whatever it is, I just want to get it over with." Murphy said as I leaned on a tree. "Got that right." 10k said as Murphy put his hand on. "What's that supposed to mean?" Murphy asked him. Murphy walked closer to 10k and stepped in. "That's enough." I said and they both stared at me. "We didn't come this far to kill each other now." I said to them.

"Warren leaves for two minutes." Doc said as I stood my ground. "And they try to kill each other." Addy muttered. "Granny, keep your hat on." I said to Murphy and he sighed. "Always on his side." Murphy muttered. I watched as Murphy walked off and leaned on the tree. I rolled my eyes as I walked closer to the building and sat on the grass. I stared at the building before nothing happened. I laid down and stared at the sky. The beauty of it all, as the clouds sailed by. "Here she comes." 10k said and I pushed myself up. "Here we go." Addy said as I got off the ground and followed after them. "I gotta say, I kinda like the new you." Addy said to Murphy. "You don't want to meet the new me." Murphy said back to her and I rolled my eyes again.

"So is this a real working restaurant?" Doc asked as I walked in. "Well except for Black Summer, we've been in continuous operation since 1967. We've had a limited menu at times. But where you folks from?" this older lady asked us as I walked over to 10k. "New York." Warren said to her. "New York? I didn't know anybody could still be from New York." the older lady said. "Upstate. The city's gone 100% Z." Warren said to her. "Long drive. What was it like out there?" she asked us. "Nothing but Z's and those soon to become Z's." Doc said to her. "Wasn't there anybody safe? Anywhere?" she asked us. "There are. Few and far between." Warren said. "So what does bring you to California?" this lady asked us, before I could hear car tires on gravel. Vasquez stood up and turned to the window. "Bounty hunters." he said as he looked back at us. "Busy day." the older lady said as she walked back the corner. These guys walked in and one pushed a bra out of the way. They walked over to table and set up shop.

"Can I get you boys some tea?" the older lady asked them. "You got any brown liquor?" one asked her. "Oh, I think I can squeeze some out of the still." she said and started to walk away. "Are you Auntie?" another asked, who had to be the leader. "I am." the older lady said. "We heard you're the one to talk to about the Murphy. Show her." the leader ordered. I watched as one pulled off the cloth for the Z and it snarled at us. "We're here to claim our bounty." the leader said to Auntie. "Let me get you those drinks." Auntie as one locked eyes with me. I took a sip of my tea and looked away from him. I walked over to Auntie and stared at her. "Does the washroom work?" I asked sheepishly. She smiled and nodded at me. I pushed the door open and locked it behind me.

"Another round of drinks for my men. This time make it the clear stuff." I heard the leader say as I opened the door. I looked around as two of the guys were standing at the door. I stared at the both of the as I slowly walked back to the group. "Hey there pretty thing." one whispered to me and I froze. This is why I made myself look like a boy. This is why I lied to them in the beginning. "Are we shy?" One asked me. I turned to face him and stared. "Oh a backbone." the other said. "Lay a finger on me and see what happens." I said up to them. "A big backbone." one said. I stared at the both of them as they gave me creepy smiles. I was pulled away from them and back over to the group. "You ok kid?" Doc asked staring at me. "Fine." I said as I locked my eyes on the cup.