THE OGRE ARMY

Jareth stood frozen as he looked upon the ogre army, memories of his battle in the castle and war from his childhood filling his mind.

He'd barely escaped with his life in both cases, what if this time he wasn't so lucky? And did he really care if he did survive?

YOUR PART.

You stared at the statue like Jareth that stood beside you, his expression was unlike any you'd ever seen from him.

*Jareth? Jareth, we need to get out of here* you said as you gently tugged at his sleeve, finally drawing his attention away from the ogres.

He looked from you to the goblins, stopping on Hobins, who was still watching the ground where Bibbly was pulled under.

You watched as his expression filled with pain and the broken voice from the Meadows returned *no.. you guys...go..
(Y/N)... take the goblins and get out of here...* He spoke softly, his voice cracking with every word while his gaze burned into Bibbly's resting place.

*But sir!? What about you!?* Digsby exclaimed as he pushed his way over to Jareth, locking eyes once he stood in front of him.

*I have to end this... once and for all..it is my duty as King...*he said in almost a whisper as his gaze returned to the army, causing you to step in between him and Digsby.

*What are you saying? Don't tell me you're planning on going out there by yourself??* You said as you tried to get Jareth to look at you, but he didn't budge.

You finally took his face in your hands as you spoke.
*Please Jareth.. please don't do this..
There has to be another way... you will die if you try to face them alone...*

*And what if I want to??* His head shifted to looking straight at you, his eyes burning with pain and hatred.

It was a side of Jareth you'd never seen before, and it honestly scared you.
The hate radiated off of him unlike anything you'd ever felt before, and you knew that if he faced them like this he would lose.

*It's not my place to speak... but how arr ya supposed to beat them without your powers?..* they all looked over at Hobins before quickly redirecting their gaze to Jareth.
Jareth gave him a look of daggers, he felt betrayed.

*Yes..I know about that...
B-Bibbly told me...
Just as she told you the goblin city needed their king...are you going to let her sacrifice be in vain?.. are yo-*

*ENOUGH!* Jareth shouted as he approached Hobins, but Hobins didn't stop.

*No, Sir!
I will not be silenced this time, Bibbly gave her life ta save yours and you're just going to throw it all away!*

*I SAID ENOUGH!* Jareth shouted again, this time reaching down to pick Hobins up by the collar of his shirt.

*Don't you ever speak to me like that again, Hobins.

The two sat with their eyes burning into one another's for what felt like forever, before Mosh and Digsby finally broke things up between them.

*Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to get out of here before I become an ogre snack!* Mosh yelled as he tried pulling Jareth and Hobins apart.

*I think you'd be more of an appetizer, Mosh* Digsby joked, trying to lighten the mood as he helped pull Hobins away from Jareth.

*Bite me...* Mosh grumbled under his breath as they led Hobins away from Jareth.
*We stay here any longer and the ogres will do it for me* Digsby teased his Mosh, who was now looking more grumpy than usual.

*YOU run slower than me, so they'll be biting YOU long before they get to me* Mosh exclaimed as he took a step towards Digsby, causing you to step in.

*ENOUGH!, I will not take anymore of this fighting!, you're supposed to be friends! Knock it off , or I'll knock you out! * You roared in irritation, momentarily gaining a slightly startled look from everyone else.

*Well, we're actually brothers* Mosh teased, gaining a smack from Digsby

*And that's supposed to make it acceptable?? Especially at a time like this?? * You placed your hands on your hips as you stared the two goblins down, causing them to shrink their stature uncomfortably.

*Alright, enough from all of you, let's get out of here before they get any closer* Jareth said as he carefully began walking across the ruins of the labyrinth.

Causing you all to follow suit and head away from the ogres, who were maybe a little over a mile away from you now.
Hobins taking one last look at Bibbly's resting place before joining everyone.

TIME SKIP~

As you all reached the entrance to the castle you noticed the earthquakes had stopped, turning to face the direction of the ogres, you noticed they had ceased all movement.

*What are they doing?...*you questioned as you gazed over the motionless ogre army, only to have it answered shortly afterwards.

You all watched in horror as the ones from the very back pulled a large catapult into the midst of their group and began loading pieces of the labyrinth onto it.

*GET INSIDE, NOW!* Jareth shouted as he began pushing you all into the entry, closing the doors just before the wall fragment crashed into the side of the castle, causing the whole thing to shake like crazy.

*Sir! What are we going to do?? The castle won't hold up to this without magic!!* Digsby screeched as something else slammed into the castle.

Jareth stood frozen yet again, staring at the wall for several minutes before finally speaking.

* Evacuate...get everyone out of the castle..* he calmly said, his eyes still watching the now crumbling wall.

* But sir!?* Digsby exclaimed fearfully.

*Just do it!* Jareth shouted this time turning to face you and the goblins.

*Get everyone out of here, right now.
Take them south as far as you can go.
You may still have a chance to survive there, but you must hurry, this wall won't hold much longer, and when it falls, so does your chances of making it out alive.* Jareth said sternly

Digsby searched Jareth's eyes momentarily before nodding and heading out the door behind himself.

Jareth then looked at you and the two remaining goblins.

*You guys should go help Digsby.. he's going to have a hard time getting the whole kingdom together on his own..*

*What about you?...I won't leave you here alone to face them..* you said as you took a step towards him, tears threatening to emerge as you thought about what him staying here would mean for him.
And even though you were terrified of dying, you'd rather be by his side when you did than not.

Jareth took a step closer to you, bringing the two of you just inches apart from one another.
He took your hand in one of his, while gently cupped your face in the other.

*(Y/N)....as much as it warms my heart to hear you say that... I couldn't bare if something were to happen to you...* He said as he drew your face closer to his, until it was just inches apart.

*I lo-* he began to speak when something else slammed into the castle, causing stone bricks to start crumbling around you, shielding you with his body he looked down at you, bringing you into a deep passionate kiss before pushing you out the door behind you.

You watched as something else slammed into the wall, causing the entrance between you to collapse.
Leaving Jareth trapped in a room where the only way out led to certain death.