~LIFE? OR DEATH?~

The fireys continuously smashed against the large castle doors.
Sending a look of terror across the goblins faces with every blow, It wouldn't be long before they got in.

~YOUR PART~

(Y/N) peeked her head in the room, only to find her mother seeming almost lifeless laying In the hospital bed.
Her body began trembling uncontrollably as she realized this might be the last day she'd spend with her mom.
She made her way over to her bedside, placing a kiss on her mother's forehead as she took her hand and sat down beside her.

*Miss (Your last name) I presume?* I turned around to find one of the doctors  in the doorway,I nodded and he swam up next to me.

*Are you her only family?* The doctor asked, checking the notes he was holding.

*Yeah... it's just- it's just me and my mom* (Y/N) said as she firmly clasped her mother's hand, only now realizing how cold it was compared to usual.

*What about your father?* The doc asked, a questioning expression on his face.

*I..I never knew my father*(Y/N)'s gaze fell to the floor before returning to meet the doctors eye's.

*I see, I am doctor Andrews by the way* the doc said extending his hand towards (Y/N), she nodded and turned back to her mom.
Causing doc Andrews to awkwardly retract his hand.

*May I.. speak to you in private* (Y/N) looked up, finding him gesturing for her to follow him.
(Y/N) stood up, still holding her unconscious mother's hand.
*I'll..be back..* she whispered softly, before reluctantly following the doctor out of the room.

*Yes?...*(Y/N) signed as  they  reached their destination.

*I know this is hard for you, and you'd rather be in there with your mother.
But I have some important questions I need to ask you, and I need your full attention.
Alright?* (Y/N) looked up to meet his gaze, he had a Stern expression on his face.
She nodded and he gestured for her to take a seat.

*Alright, first things first.
How old was your mother when you were born?* Doc Andrews said taking a seat beside her.

*Why? Does that matter?*

*Yes, depending on how old she was determines how much damage it could have done to her.*

*Excuse me?*

*Ugh, what I mean is, as you get older.
Your body gets more fragile, and more susceptible to illness and decay.
And when you carry a child, they absorb nutrients from their mother.
If she were older, she might be more likely to have weakness of bones or health related issues.
And more likely to contract various illnesses after having a child.
Do you follow?* Doc Andrews explained, a smug look on his face.

(Y/N) just nodded, her eyes narrowing with annoyance as he continued to talk.

*So? Do you know how old she was?* He asked yet again.

*I don't know... maybe..22? 23? It's not something she talks about a lot...* (Y/N) said, eyes glancing at the door to her mother's room.

*Alright, has she had any previous medical issues anytime before this?* He said scribbling what she figured to be her previous answers down on his notepad.