~CRYSTAL BALL~

*Yes, though I never seen her again after his death..why? What's wrong (Y/N)?*
He leaned towards you, his eyes switching between you and the locket.

*T-thats my mother-*

~JARETHS PART~

After those words left her lips, my whole body seemed to freeze in place as this overwhelming feeling of guilt, sorrow and pain washed over me.

Jareth's head lowered down into his hand.
His fingers pressed over his lips as His eyes frantically danced from side to side, Memories of everything that's happened  pouring  into his mind

~its my fault he's Dead... how am I supposed to look her in the eyes?.. especially after what she went through to save me from Brunk?...~

Jareth slowly raised his head until he seen your face, it was clear you were overwhelmed with emotions as well.

He hesitantly reached his hands out towards yours, gently enclosing them and the locket inside as he pulled you closer to him.

Your arms wrapping around him as you pressed your face into his shoulder, tears streaming down your cheek soaking into Jareth's shirt, causing the feeling of guilt to grow within him.

You sat in each other's embrace, unknowing of The pain that raged on within Jareth as you held him tightly within your arms.

Jareth's mind going over details of his life the entire time, from Bibbly and McGullen's deaths.. to the destruction of his kingdom, Sarah and his near death experiences... especially the one that brought the two of you together..

Then he realized what he needed to do.. though he didn't want to.. it's the way it had to be..

*(Y/N)?...*Jareth whispered softly as he pulled away from you.

his heart sinking into his chest as he met your gaze.. not wanting to speak what he had to say.

*Y-yes?..* you managed in between your sobs, the pain in your expression making what Jareth had to say even harder than it already was.

*(Y/N)..i-* he paused for a moment, inhaling deeply before trying to speak again *I-i need you to leave me...*

YOUR PART ~

*What do you mean?..is everything okay?..*you said as you reached out for his hands, but stopped when he pulled them back into his lap.
*Jareth?..*

His gaze fell from yours before speaking again.
*The walls are down..my kingdom is in ruins.. and I have no power..
If the ogre return..we are all but defenseless..*

*Jareth..I don't understand, I killed Brunk, his solders are scattered back to their land..
And even if they did return, we have the crystal staff, we could fight them-*Jareth cut you off before you could finish, his gaze snapping back towards you.

Don't you understand (Y/N)!?... danger never ends for someone like me!
Even with the crystal staff, there are far more dangerous things out there.
This is never going to end!*

You looked deep into his mismatched eyes, your lips slightly parting as you prepared to speak, but stopped as you realized whatever you said wouldn't matter.
It was clear he'd made up his mind..
You clenched your jaw as you tried to hold back the pain, shaking your head, you pushed yourself up off the bed and headed to the door.
Taking one last look back at him, hoping maybe he'd change his mind.
But he refused to meet your gaze, his eyes instead burned into the mattress beside him.
So you opened the door and left the room.

As you walked down the hall looking for the exit, you ran into Digsby, who  was holding some broken bits of the castle and hadn't seen you coming.