Cornelia Clouds

A soft summer breeze blew through Havenfields's luscious pastures. It tangled Sophie's hair and ruffled Keefe's tunic. If running in a summer field with the love of your life wasn't the definition of happiness, Sophie didn't know what was.

She hoped the moment never ended. She hoped they never ended.

"I can't believe you think you could outrun the great Keefester! Who do you think you are, Foster?" Keefe called out from behind Sophie. Sophie never tired of Keefe's lighthearted joking.

"I just so happen to be the great Sophie Foster, Keefe!"

She let the wind pull her forward as it blew her long blonde hair and simple white dress back. Closing her eyes brought the warmth of the sun on her eyelids. She never wanted her heart to stop fluttering.

Lost in thought, she didn't noticed the tall shadow creeping up behind her. Before she could scream, Keefe picked her up and twirled her in his arms. Her dress flowed in the wind like a ballgown. Looking into Keefe's gorgeous blue eyes tickled her with joy.

"Keefe, put me down!"

He tried to swing a laughing Sophie over his broad shoulders, but she fought back. She tickled his right back area and that's when it all fell down. Keefe hid it from everyone except her: his secret tickle spot.

They both fell down, laughing with Sophie spread out on Keefe and Keefe's artful hair tousled in the grass.

Sophie lay down next to Keefe and they both looked to the clouds. It was the kind of sunny summer day that still had a blue sky full of majestic clouds. Sophie used to look at the clouds and paint pictures out of their white whisps, but she hadn't done it for years.

They both lay, letting the soft light dance upon their faces. Heavy breathing and fast heartbeats were the only noise to be heard.

She opened her mouth to tell Keefe something, but no words came out. She looked to the clouds for inspiration, as she hummed the lyrics to Taylor Swift's Wildest Dreams song. Her mind kept jumping from song to song, trying to find the right words to quiet her worrisome thoughts.

Nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.

The only lyrics in her mind, were the sad ones that Taylor sang before she found Joe, her eternal love. (Amy caught her up on all the latest Swiftie gossip, everyone once in a while.)

Keefe's warms hands twined with hers. She glanced to them, then looked back up at the sky. Some of the clouds were pink and the women looking down that appeared in the clouds reminded her of one of Taylor's albums. Lover

"Hey, Keefe, do you see that..?

But the seriousness in his usual playful ice blue eyes, made Sophie's words stop in her throat.

His hands wrapped around hers tighter than the day the Neverseen took over the Councillors' announcment when they were banished. His mouth opened slightly, and Sophie heart and brain suddenly got bombarded with her usual anxiety....except it was different. She wasn't afraid of losing her life to the Neverseen. She was afraid of losing it to heartbreak. Terrified of losing the one thing she loved the most. And only one song in Lover reminded of her taking a long walk, and never wanting to walk back. Finally, Keefe's shaky voice brought her back to reality.

"Sophie, what...what if we broke up?

Meh, who needs a heart anyways?

Sophie close her mouth, deathly afraid of saying the wrong thing. Pulling her hand from his, was unavoidable. She hated he asked that question, but it voiced the same exact concerns she had, so she couldn't hate him. She could never hate Keefe.

Her heart almost exploded so she laid back on the grass and turned her attention to the sky. The pink clouds seemed to illustrate a homely little street with a beat up car driving down it. Cornelia Street.

While still looking at the clouds, she whispered, "I'd never walk Cornelia Street again."

She rolled over and saw Keefe's confused raised eyebrows.

"I'd- I'd never fall in love again."

She quickly turned back over so Keefe wouldn't see the fearful tears about to drip out of her brown eyes.

Keefe's light laugh filled the August air. "Well, I'm not sure what that has to do with Cornele Street."

Cornele Street??!?!? Sophie mentally slapped herself for not sharing more human experiences with her uncultured friends.

Keefe grabbed her hand again. "But I do know one thing Foster."

Sophie seemed to find her voice again. "And what's that Keefe?"

He smiled. "I love you and that's all I really know."

Sophie turned over to him and the joy she felt running through Havenfield's pasture was there in her heart again and it made her want to jump up and down. But she stayed on the ground with her lips only inches away from Keefe. She made her brown eyes meet his.

"That's all you need to know. 'Cause it's a Love story, baby just say-"

Keefe met her lips and they let the soft summer breeze soothe them to sleep.

Who can find the Taylor Lyrics? Wildest Dreams is given but there's Love Story too

Have a great day and make sure to listen to Taylor's new Album!

💜Ayiana