Answers for Writer Q&A

Q1. 

A1. Unfortunately,  I do procrastinate my writing LMAO

I am an extreme procrastinator in all aspects of life and ngl, I haven't exactly found a solution to that problem. What I want to say is actually to try not to guilt trip yourself for procrastinating.  When you feel inspired, start writing. Don't put it off.  Even if you're busy just open up your computer, phone or notebook or whatever and start writing something. Even just a title or idea for the story. Try to write a little more everyday. Sometimes just a single phrase can inspire a exquisite  work, so write it down! I recommend making a  draft chapter for ideas, spare lines to use and inspiration.

So many of my best oneshots came from me being inspired and then sitting down to write and writing the whole thing in one sitting. The hardest thing is just to start, to write down that first word, and after that it usually comes to me quickly.

I always feel most motivated to write when I've woke up from a dream that I'm gonna use as a plot for the story but then I put off starting the writing and say that I'll do it later when I have time. But that ends us making me lose interest and lose the passion I had from what inspired me to write a new chapter. Even if it ends up being bad, you don't have to publish. 

I don't think I've ever followed an update schedule because it was just too stressful but if that works for you, give it a try!

Q2.

A2

A2. First of all, thank you so much! I really appreciate you reading my oneshots and leaving comments! :)

My biggest inspiration for the oneshots and their storylines is music! I write an obnoxious amount of "songfics" but even if it's not directly a songfic, my writing is often inspired by a song, even if just by a single lyric.

I also take random things from my life or how I imagine myself reacting to something and think of how they could become a one shot.  One of my favorite chapters of this book, Stars, was inspired by a dream I had about me looking up at the night sky.  I re-lived the experience the next night by going outside and admiring the sky. I then wrote my experience into the oneshot as Sophie. 

It seems to be harder for me to come up with plot than other mucchhh  more prolific oneshot writers. I realized one reason for that it because I like writing more poetic chapters than plot-heavy ones.  My favorite chapters focus on emotion within a small moment. One of them, "Soulmates" was hardly a oneshot, but basically a poem. But I still really enjoyed it and am glad to add it to the collection.

All that to say: finding what you enjoy writing is important. We all have different talents and that's what makes reading and writing fun.

Thank you to those who asked questions (and sorry it took me literally a year to get back to you.)