In Love With Him

A/N: Hi! I'm back with my latest once-every-few-months-update. :) This installment of KOTLC Oneshots is dedicated to my friend @etheaeri . Thank you for not only brightening my days by talking to me, but being an avid supporter of my writing.   I can't express how much you reading my work and your kind comments mean to me. Your support gives me motivation to keep writing. :)

I hope you enjoy the oneshot! 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Sophie paced her room with one thing on her mind. It had officially been one whole day since Keefe re-entered their lives after running away for the second time. 24 hours since she had to face the new reality of their relationship.  1,440 minutes since she got what she had wished desperately for ever since she read that fateful letter.  And 864,000 seconds since he wrote himself back into the narrative. Because he was Keefe and he could do that.   And she hated it. He was the kind of person that could up and leave you, leave you with your entire world shattered, and then just walk right back in when he felt like it.

And while he made her so angry, she knew she missed him too much to not run into his arms the second he came back.  And she hated that. She hated that he had that kind of power. Because that's the power of the kind of person who is the most important thing in your entire life. The kind of person who seems to pull you into their rotation like gravity, like the sun. And people like the sun have the power to be your lifesource and the death of you at the same time.  People are only world-shattering if they are also world-building at the same time.

And all of this terrified her out of her mind. But somehow she knew if she tried to run away from his gravitational pull, she wouldn't get far.  

She grabbed a stuffed animal and threw it to the ground. He infuriated her so much.  Who was he to walk into her life and without even trying, shape it around himself?  Who was he to make such a desperate, begging mess of her?

Now that she thought of it, she felt humiliated.  She must have seemed so obsessed and selfish to be only focused on him all the time. For that time he was gone, she literally could not think of anything else but him. He was like an addiction or something.  It was wake up, remember he was gone, try not to let the melancholy overwhelm her, and then work to try and get him back. Then wish on every star he would come back when night fell, sleep, and repeat.  What kind of person can do that to someone?  What was he?

Sophie took no notice of how her feet ached from spending so much time pacing back and forth on her bedroom floor. 'How is he?' she wondered. Is he thinking about me?

Sophie face palmed. She was doing it again! Obsessively thinking about him. Him, Him, Him, Him, Him. She was so sick of that word being on her mind. And now she was once again spending all night thinking about him.

She ripped out an eyelash. She wanted to rip her hair out.  She screamed at her brain for an explanation. She demanded a reasonable explanation for how she felt.  Seriously, what kind of otherworldly force does this to a person? There HAD to be an explanation. She searched feverishly through her knowledge of emotion.  Think, Sophie, think.  What is wrong with you?   

But all she could think about was him. 'This is insane!'  she thought. The next thought that reached her mind made its way into being vocalized within one second, on impulse. She said it as a frustrated shout.

"It's like I'm in love with him or something!"

As soon as those words left her mouth, time stopped.  She swore the world froze in place. Her heartbeat was so loud she could feel it in her ears, slowed down and steady, then all at once sped up and beating so hard it was the only thing she could feel.  Her breath labored to keep up.